Saturday, 21 May 2016

Toast, and swap update.

There is something immensely comforting about Toast, especially if one has been a little under the weather.
It's what I eat when I can't imagine eating anything else.
Yes, it's a breakfast food, but actually for me, it's an any time of day food.
Toast and honey...mmm!
Do you enjoy it for breakfast or at other times too?




I do hope people have received their swap parcels by now.
I know there at least four or five who have.
Please do put a post about your gift, it's so nice for the giver to see that everything arrived safely.

We have heard from;
Pom Pom
Debbie
myself
and now a new post from Gypsy Mom
who was partnered with Betty
Betty's post has just gone up.
So has Lorrie's.

I do admire the lovely gifts that have been sent.

Once again, thank you for joining in. I know that several people missed the swap and would have liked to join, so maybe ...next year....

22 comments:

Laura said...

I am a toast lover too` in fact it is a weakness.
Your package hasn't arrived , but I will let you know as soon as it does.

Laura

ann said...

Toast is good. My mother fixed us milk toast when we didn't feel well: toast with butter and a bit of sugar in warmed milk. I haven't had it since I was a kid, but I do enjoy toast and eggs for breakfast.

ellen b. said...

I enjoy toast, too. One of my favorites is to spread avocado on toast with a little salt. Hope you feel tip top by now!

Melanie said...

Toast with butter and dusted with cinnamon and sugar is so good! I also like to dunk hot buttered toast in hot chocolate.

Pondside said...

I hope you soon feel tip-top. I like crisp toast with butter and marmalade or with peanut butter. If I am unwell buttered toast alongside a bowl of tomato soup does the trick.
I think that Anke's package and mine are crossing one another above the ocean or this continent!

Angela said...

Toast and butter and good home made marmalade at breakfast
Toast and Marmite with a cuppa, as an afternoon pick me up
Toast and Nutella with drinking chocolate at suppertime [but I have given this one up in an attempt to lose weight]

Stephanie said...

Mmm... toast and honey are a delicious treat :)

I received my lovelies from Lorrie just the other day and I just love what she sent. She wrote me and shared that she got what I sent her last week {{smiles}} When I return from my break from blogging I will be sharing my goodies. Thanks again for hosting, sweet friend.

Hugs!

Lorrie said...

I like toast with honey, toast with jam, and toast with a mashed up soft-boiled egg on top.
As Stephanie has said, I received her parcel, but have not yet put up a post. This is a long weekend here and I have a little extra time for doing that, as well as putting in some more of my garden.
Thank you so much for hosting this swap.

Elderberry-Rob said...

YES!!!! mine came yesterday but I only just opened it this minute as wanted to make sure my partner had hers, she emailed yesterday but it went in spam! so mine is here, hers is there - we have our goodies - thank you so much for organising our swap, will do a post soon. Betty:D

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh I'm sorry to have missed your swap Elizabeth, work seems to take up my life far too much!
I love stationery and just yesterday I spent time choosing notecards and writing paper for one of my granddaughters birthday. She asked me for these and other creative things!
I've always loved stationery too and always buy when I see it on special.
I'm off to visit the others.
Shane x

Frances said...

Elizabeth, I also am a fan of buttered toast. The better the bread, the better the toast. Honey is fabulous, but I'll also welcome marmalade, or strawberry, or apricot or raspberry jam. Marmite occasionally. xo

Carolien said...

Good morning Elizabeth,

I hope you had a nice toast this morning :) I love it too. We have the same 'spoon' for the honey, mmmmm ...
Have a good Sunday!

Love Carolien

Mrs A. said...

Just seen your stationery swap and sad that ?I missed it. Do hope you do it again next year. I love swaps and making new friends . Hugs ValeryAnne Anne.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Toast used to be one of my favorite comfort foods. Now, I hardly eat bread anymore, sadly! It upsets my tummy. But I love the combo of toast and honey - so comforting! :) I'm sorry to have missed your swap - when you have another one, do let me know, I'd love to participate :)

Anonymous said...

To me ~ tea and toast is almost a cure all! :-)

Sandra said...

It seems delicious! !! I also liked the Hebrew's verse.

Sandra

Debbie Harris said...

I am certainly a toast lover and I could eat it at any time. Fresh raspberry jam is a favorite of mine, but I love honey on a biscuit.
I must visit the others who have shared their exchanges.
What a delight it was to partake in this swap.
Karen and I are planning on meeting up with one another here in the near future.
Thank you again for all your work in making the swap happen.

Enjoy your weekend~

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I love toast and yes, you can have it anytime. There is the odd time each year where I'll have it for dinner. When you're sick it's always toast and tea, there's nothing better. I love honey too! Have a great weekend!

Mimi said...

Elizabeth, I remember reading a book when I was about 11 (I think it was called Something About Posy, or maybe it was White Boots??) where the childs Nanny would bring her piles of hot buttered toast with the butter soaking all the way through to the bottom slice. I would always crave hot buttered toast when I read that book, which was often! Your gift from Stephanies Mug Exchange continues to bring a smile to my face. Love, Mimi xxx

bayou said...

Hurray, my swap parcel has arrived and I blogged about it!
Hope you have a nice bank holiday weekend, dear Barbara. Love buttered toast -without honey- and also crumpets for breakfast.

Nearly Martha said...

Sardines on toast - top meal. Have to eat it when no one else is in because everyone complains about the smell. Don't care

M.K. said...

Hello -- this is my first time here. I'm a friend of PomPom's. Loved reading about the stationary swap, and her items from Debbie were so sweet. (Debbie is a dear too.) What a lovely idea! I'm a toast lover too, and prefer it to sandwiches. Usually I like some sort of jam on it, but sometimes I just need buttered toast, nothing else. Buttered toast and hot chocolate are also quite a nice pairing. Have a lovely day!

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...