Saturday, 26 November 2016

Last colours in the garden.

The last bits of colour in my garden.
An old granite trough full of baby Cyclamen.


A very early Camellia.

and a bowl full of Winter pansies.

Happily, the bulbs that I planted are beginning to show green shoots, so soon there will be colour again.

18 comments:

Simple Living said...

Love your granite trough, it is nice to see a bit of colour.

Pom Pom said...

Green shoots already? Wow! Our bulbs don't appear until April or so. I think I might buy some hyacinth bulbs for the window sill. Your remaining blooms are gorgeous!

Visits With Mary said...

I love the granite trough, it made a great planter. I'm thinking I might plant some pansies in the front flower bed, they add pretty color this time of year.

Carolien said...

Hello dear Elizabeth,

I sooo love that trough, it's beautiful. And how great you still have flowers in your garden! Here the winter jasmine is starting up, plus the hellebores. Enjoy and have a good Sunday!

Love, Carolien

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

How very pretty. What a joy to still find colour in your garden this time of year. xox

Elderberry-Rob said...

cyclamen are so resilient and yours look lovely in the stone bath, I have some and as long as I pull the dead heads off at the base of the stalk they just keep on coming!

Angela said...

So pretty. I love the cyclamen x

doodles n daydreams said...

All very pretty :)

Diana

ann said...

Gosh, I am really behind, aren't I? Your blooms make it look more like spring in your garden and here the daffodils are taking their long winter's sleep until late spring. I do miss them. In regards to your thank you letter post, here it is a must. One day a I will share a story about my dad's instance on writing thank you notes. I do hope that you are both well.Hugs.

Debbie Harris said...

How wonderful to still find color in your garden. Winter has arrived here after a good long and beautiful Fall.

The Lord bless you~~

Debbie Harris said...

How wonderful to still find color in your garden. Winter has arrived here after a good long and beautiful Fall.

The Lord bless you~~

bristowmom said...

All beautiful!

Rambler said...

Hi Barbara! I still think the seasons are mixed up; I have daffodils throwing up 8" green leaves, two bowls of violas (blue/white and yellow ones); a lovely red fuchsia still holding on to all of its flowers; a couple of late rosebuds; crocus buds appearing and hellebores coming into flower. At the same time, the birds are demanding a second ration of seeds and fat balls most days, so they must be feeling the cold.

ellen b. said...

I like the sweet pink color of your Camellia.

Alex said...

I love the colours of the cyclamen...
Amazing that you have camellia blooms already!

Lorrie said...

Such pretty colours in your garden. I love the camellia's delicate pink. I have a hellebore blooming, very early!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

I love the Cyclamen, we always have some in the autumn. Your garden has lots going on still xx

Faye Henry said...

Wow !! So much beauty... I miss flowers already and we just had our first big snowfall.. grin... xo

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...