Thursday, 21 March 2019

Apricot Foxx



I planted several pots of Tulips this year, some were bulbs from last year, and these new ones were bought from Sarah Raven.
Seeing them in their pot didn't prepare me for their look when I brought some indoors.
 As the flowers opened they seemed to get bigger and bigger.
The pinky ones are called Apricot Foxx, and so many people have asked if they are real!

They remind me of some of the early Dutch paintings.
The shading on the petals changes with the light.

Are they tissue? Are they silk?

No, they are really real, and unlike any others I have grown.
I can't stop looking at them!


Not a sponsored post, though I do regard Sarah Raven as one of the best growers around.

14 comments:

Rambler said...

I agree with you about Sarah Raven. I bought some bulbs for miniature tulips because in previous years I have lost most of my tulips to the fierce winds that are prevalent in this Moorland area. They are exquisite - stripy leaves (purple on green) and beautiful pink yellow sturdy flowers which aren't snapped by the winds. I also bought some almost black ones for the novelty value - in a pot with yellow and white tulips they look amazing.

Angela said...

They are quite mesmerising! Such subtle shading

Sandi said...

Beautiful! Love the mug too.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Wow! Showstoppers for sure. Love the colours. To think you have these blooming in your pots already. We're just digging out from under the snow. A while yet till we see our tulips in bloom. I've been buying the cut bunches and filling the house. How special to have your own to cut and bring in.

Wishing you a beautiful day...
Brenda xox

mamasmercantile said...

They are very pretty and quite amazing that they give an illusion of wax or silk. What a joy to cut some and enjoy some indoors, a real delight.

Elderberry-Rob said...

they are beautiful, they do have a waxy effect to them - I would want to touch them continuously!

Anne Payne said...

Those are gorgeous!! I have never grown Tulips.

A Joyful Chaos said...

They are absolutely gorgeous! I wouldn't get tired of looking at them either!

Blessings~

Lorrie said...

Beautiful tulips. It's wonderful when the amazement continues on and on!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

They are stunning! I see what you mean, they look like silk shantung!
On Saturday I bought plants to fill my pots for Autumn/Winter. However I noticed several stands of bulbs, and made a mental note to return next week to buy some. I hope this one is on offer - I’ll let you know!
Xxx

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Those tulips are so lovely! What a amazing color and size!

bristowmom said...

So beautiful! Nothing says spring quite like tulips.

Anonymous said...

Barbara, I so love tulips and your Apricot Foxx are some of the prettiest I've seen. What gorgeous colors!

Granny Marigold said...

Your Tulips are so amazing!!
Of course none of mine are blooming yet but I am looking forward to that time.

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...