Home feels good.
Although it has been a lovely time on our respite trip to Brighton, there is a relief in being back where you belong.
As ever, the Care at the centre was so kind, thoughtful and attentive. So many of the staff have been at Blind Veterans for many years, and it is good to see friendly faces...and to find that they remember you too!
We did some of the usual things. I swam in the beautiful pool, my husband had some time in the Gym which is extraordinarily well equipped,
we ate far too much, went to Brighton Marina and pottered, had coffee there...and so on.
But a lovely day was spent with Betty (Wood Fairy) who had kindly arranged tickets for a building that I had wanted to see for some time.
She and I arranged to meet at the Royal Pavilion, an amazing building which was built as the holiday home of King George 1V.
The beautiful dining room captured my attention, with splendid chandeliers and a table laid ready for a sumptuous meal.
But I think that the kitchen was one of the most interesting rooms.
Here you can see the collection of copper pans and other implements. I do wonder who polishes them.
On the long table there are 'birds' ready for preparing for the oven....including the swan!
Instead of being down in the basement as so many kitchens were, this one is close to the Dining room. Guests would have enjoyed hot food.
A quick glimpse of the beautiful wallpapers in so many rooms.
Chinese inspired, and with much conservation, I believe.
I wanted to take the blue one home and paper my hallway with it.
Back home now and the garden needs attention.
But I think that the kitchen was one of the most interesting rooms.
Here you can see the collection of copper pans and other implements. I do wonder who polishes them.
On the long table there are 'birds' ready for preparing for the oven....including the swan!
Instead of being down in the basement as so many kitchens were, this one is close to the Dining room. Guests would have enjoyed hot food.
A quick glimpse of the beautiful wallpapers in so many rooms.
I wanted to take the blue one home and paper my hallway with it.





13 comments:
So glad you enjoyed your break. Always a good sign of a truly relaxing holiday if one is happy to be back home I alwayts think!
I thought Brighton Pavilion was wonderful when I made my only visit there. Great to hear that you had a wonderful break.
The wallpapers are gorgeous.
The Royal Pavilion building is truly impressive!! So glad you were able to not only meet up with a fellow blogger but spend some time with her and seeing that lovely place.
Isn't it wonderful that no matter how lovely the time away was we're always happy to be back home again.
"the garden needs attention" --------just what I'm thinking about too dear Barbara! My neighbor just wrote to tell us that there is rain at last - over a month since we had any - and she put my hanging baskets down on the lawn so they would get a good soak!!!
We're 'at sea' today - heading on quite a rolling
Atlantic towards the Cape Verde Islands after an exciting week discovering Morocco and the Sahara Desert!
Glad you and M had a lovely time - thanks for sharing your time away - happy you are now safely home again.
Much love, Mary
Welcome back, so glad you had a lovely time away. The wallpaapers are exquisite. I haven't been away, but my garden still needs attention :) ~ Blessings to you ~ Linda
That's how I feel when I travel: lovely to enjoy time away from routine and chores and to see new sights, but oh-so-wonderful to be back at home! Glad you had a nice vacation!
hi friend
came from Betty's blog to say you Hello :)
you have such an elegant place and beautiful thoughts to share
home blessings of these small precious moments make your life wonderful and peaceful :)
It is so good to hear that you are back home again. It sounds like you both had a nice, restful time. That dining room is stunningly beautiful. The wallpaper is also very pretty. God bless!
What a love peek into your visit to Brighton. I agree that wallpaper is exquisite. How nice that you finally got to see The Royal Pavilion. Beautiful rooms.
So glad your time away was so enjoyable for you both. And yes, no matter what, there is no place like home!
Wishing you pleasant days ahead...
Brenda
I'm so glad you had such a lovely time and I'm so glad you met up with Betty! And Lynn came to our house! Isn't our blog world wonderful? I hope your gardening is going well. I think of you when I watch the Doc on Acorn TV. Cornwall is so beautiful!
I'm thankful you had such a blessed getaway with your husband, what a wonderful time to relax and enjoy the beauty around you! Such a gorgeous building to visit, and I agree, those wallpapers are beautiful! But indeed, there is truly no place like home!
Wow! I'm so glad y'all's respite was refreshing, as it should be. I can see why you wanted to bring that blue paper home. It is lovely!!!
Post a Comment