This morning Angela, of Tracing Rainbows, asked what was on our dining tables.
I told her that on mine was a cutting mat, catalogues, a pair of socks (no idea) and forgot to say that I also have a beautiful rose.
A perfect gift from my husband as a thank you.
The rose is a blush pink and sits in the prettiest little watering can.
This makes me feel a little nostalgic for France and the time we had there.
Isn't it sweet?
We always use a lovely company called Bunches, who not only provide beautiful arrangements, but also give part of their profits to Charity. At the moment they are supporting projects in Malawi.
Wishing you a happy and safe day.
Just after I had written this, there was a knock at the door , and there stood daughter and grandson! We visited in the garden at the required distance, not having seen them for weeks. They can only do 'essential' journeys (bringing my husband's medication) and our police are quite fierce!
It was such a happy time.
Just after I had written this, there was a knock at the door , and there stood daughter and grandson! We visited in the garden at the required distance, not having seen them for weeks. They can only do 'essential' journeys (bringing my husband's medication) and our police are quite fierce!
It was such a happy time.
17 comments:
Sweet!!
Very beautiful!
I loved the peek at your dining table. What a lovely rose and French-inspired watering can. And the surprise at your door must have been so heart nourishing.
Happy Saturday...
Brenda xox
How lovely to see your daughter and grandson - that is the thing I find difficult not being able to see my dauhgter the last time was in November!! Not all down to the virus of course. I'm glad I didn't join in the what is on your dining table blog as I have so much stuff spread over mine I can barely see it! If your rose is anything like a couple I have had in past years they will grow in the garden too and although not bred to last like that I have one given to me for Mother's Day back in 2012 by my daughter which still flowers tiny little flowers each year! It came in a tiny pot not much bigger than an egg cup but now is much bigger so maybe it was gratitude for being given the space to spread that makes it continue to live and flower!
So lovely! And such a sweet surprise and blessing to see your daughter and grandson...
I am thrilled that you managed to see your daughter and grandson, what a lovely surprise. Beautiful rose and container. Take care.
so pleased that you have had family round, shame about the distancing but at least it was 'in the flesh', lovely roses.
Thrilled you could see family. That rose is a lovely gift. You know that you are greatly loved - but it's always great to have a visible reminder x
Beautiful roses
Socks are no mystery here, walking around holding them, and deciding to do something else they end up in strange places. lol
That's such a sweet little rose bush. A thoughtful gift.
I'm glad you got to have a visit with your daughter and grandson. The hardest thing about this isolation is not seeing friends and family.
Hi Barbara, I'm just dropping to see how you are doing. I'm not at the Garden Spot blog much, spending more time at the dollhouse one. I'm so thankful that you drop in, letting me know that you are well. Isn't life just crazy now that we can't even visit our grandchildren? My poor little Nathan has a meltdown every now and then worries that he'll never see us again. And that police having to monitor our behavior? Still, thank you for coming to the Dollhouse blog. Perhaps now that the gardening season is starting I'll get back to the Garden Spot. Stay well.
What a sweet and unexpected visit. Face to face, even at a distance, is so much more fulfilling than via screens or voice. Your roses are beautiful and I'm sure you enjoy them a lot. I'm afraid my dining room table is strewn with school books at the moment.
I love the little watering can and roses, and how wonderful to have the unexpected visit.
So glad your family were able to stop by. We had a surprise visit from lovely friends yesterday - and were able to chat with them in the garden, distanced of course. Brought us gifts, lovely fabric masks she had sewn! They are moving to South Carolina soon where they're renovating a lovely old house - and we will miss them SO much!
Love the pink roses and the container. My New Dawn pale pink roses are just opening on the back fence - they look similar.
Love and hugs.
I love those mini roses. I need to try and find some for my deck. They grow very well there.
God bless.
Your police are quite fierce? Yikes.
How nice to see loved ones at the door!
Gorgeous rose! Sending love and friendship!
Oh how nice to be able to see and spend some time with your daughter and grandson. Sweet! That bouquet is pretty.
Post a Comment