I went out this morning, for the first time in many days. We are now under strict lockdown due to the huge rise in cases of the virus and staying at home is the norm.
I had to go to our Surgery to pick up medications, and was overjoyed to see, on the edge of the main road, a swathe of wild daffodils.
They have been there for years but lately they haven't appeared much, so it was a boost to the spirits to see them.
How one needs those small moments of beauty.
We are intrigued to see that one of the passenger ferries is now moored near to the King Harry Ferry, about a couple of miles away from us. On this bank of the river you can see the Tea plantation owned by Tregothnan, Lord Falmouth's estate
The boat takes up a fair amount of river! There have been some suggestions from local people that it might be used for other purposes, such as a home for homeless people, or somewhat impractically, a Nightingale Hospital.
Not sure how the poor ill people would be ferried on and off.
I am scheduled to have a Covid vaccination this week, which seems to involve standing in a queue outside the surgery for some considerable time. At least in the fresh air one isnt breathing in germs. Hopefully.
Tregothnan tea.




20 comments:
The daffodils are so refreshing, I enjoyed the picture. Hope to get my covid vaccination soon.
I know what you mean, I saw gorse in the woods today and felt totally elated! Thank goodness you are getting your vaccine next week (and hubby too I hope?), hope they don't make you wait outside for a long time.
The appearance of the first Daffodils is a sure sign that Spring is coming. Yellow is such a cheerful colour.
Stay safe and well.
Good luck, dear Barbara, I hope the queue won't be too long.
Lovely daffodils, what an uplifting sight!
Love, Carolien
It's always such a treat to see daffodils that are an early reminder to me that Spring is coming and will come as it does every year. Hope that line is shorter than longer for you!!
Happy Vaccination!
The daffodils are lovely to see. That is a big ship.
Hoping the queue isn't too long and the weather isn't too cold. We have many 'furloughed' cruise ships moored just off Bournemouth. In the summer, enterprising boatmen were organising trips taking people out to look at them!
Of all the spring flowers I love daffodils the most. Sorry I haven't gotten a letter to you. I am hoping to get one sent off this week.
God bless.
We too have daffodils in bloom along the maain A30 here - so hopeful looking. Cruise liners at anchor off Weymouth too = I haven't been down there since September but don't imagine they have gone yet. Mr M to get his vaccine on Friday so hope he won't have to queue for it and if so that it isn't raining! Hope you won't have long to wait either wrap up warm.
Thrilled you are soon to get the vaccine. Beautiful daffodils, one of my favourites.
So happy that you will soon be vaccinated. The roll out is slow here, but is picking up now.
Daffodils are a mood lifter and we can all use some of that these days.
Ah, daffodils. William Wordsworth would thrilled. One of my own favorites. Ours are months away and certainly we could use a mood lifter here. We have heard about the lock down in England and I think of my virtual friends there, hoping that they stay safe and well. You will have to let us know about your vaccination experience. I'm due to see my doctor next week and will ask her. I have some friends who say absolutely not, but I'm more inclined to take it.
long lines make me think, bring a collapsible easy to carry chair, a comfortable mask and a book! :) however, regardless of that thought, we are (my Husband and I) praying for you and your Husband 3x a day and I am so glad you saw the daffodils. I loved reading in Madeleine L'Engle about the fear of the world ending (back then it was the cold war) and the miracle of seeing the pussy willows bud every Spring since this fear... Take heart dear one; God is with us.
It made my heart happy to hear you spotted those daffodils. A soul boost! So true, how much we need those small moments of beauty to keep our spirits lifted. Hope the vaccine lineups won't be too long and wearing bodily. Happy your turn is soon.
Estou feliz pois diante de Jesus todos os dias posso refletir sobre a comunhão com Jesus Cristo redentor venha sobre todos o arrependimento de nossos pecados k são tantos misericórdia e piedade de todos nós senhor e pai de nosso senhor Jesus Cristo redentor venha sobre a cura dos corações ��
Those first daffodils are so cheering . . . even surprising! Yes indeed, "one needs those small moments of beauty." Take care!
I will always have memories of daffodils in Cornwall. When we visited there in March 2019, they were blooming everywhere!
I think I may have spotted a crocus in my new garden although I'm not sure yet. I wonder if there will be daffodils...
I love Daffodils but can't grow them here in VA because our property is too wet. I just love that photo of the boat. The hillside is soooo pretty!! Take care and praying for y'all to be healthy. Love you!!!
upsc calendar 2021
RRB NTPC
RRB Group D
om logistics Logistics is a top logistics company in India that provides one-stop supply chain management to organizations across the world with their seamless and dependable services, meeting the clients’ most urgent requirements.train cargo services
3pl companies in india
Post a Comment