Saturday, 15 April 2023

Cherry blossom....again!

This is what I wait for each year. As April begins, the first flowers start to open on my Cherry tree. 


 

Within a few days it will be a mass of pinkness.
There's even a tiny branch flowering on the trunk.
And look at that blue sky!

15 comments:

Angela said...

I love your annual post about the cherry blossom 🌸🌸🌸 the bright news that spring is here and summer is coming.

Cheryl said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Our neighbor has a lovely cherry tree that is in bloom right now. In fact, I just took my dad for a short walk outside so that he could see it.

Happy spring to you! (I'm not here in Blogland much, but I will pop in again.)

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful cherry blossoms!! I've been noticing many blooming trees here in town but they're all white. I have no idea if they're cherry trees though.

Elderberry-Rob said...

very beautiful, there is one at the top of our road, the road is like confetti! the flowers don't last long - we had one planted on the edge of our property but a very anti-social neighbour dug it up one night as he found he could not reverse his car into his driveway easily - it was on my property - such a shame but I was younger and less outspoken then and he got away with it! Maybe I should plant another (he's moved on). I hope you get cherries to eat - not all of these beautiful trees produce fruit.

ann said...

Good Morning. Cherry blossoms are always so welcome with their beauty. I love the pink. I hope you are doing well.

Lorrie said...

Hello dear Barbara,
It's lovely to mark another Spring with the blooming of the beautiful cherry tree in your garden. They are a highlight in our town with streets of old trees forming pink arches. Wishing you happy Spring days.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh, what a sighting - it must catch one's breath with the beauty and fragrance. Enjoy, Barbara, and will you breath in a whiff for me? Happy Sunday!

Deanna Rabe said...

I really want to get a cherry tree for my years! Beautiful!

meandmysmallcorner said...


Cherry tree blossom is a lovely sight. Thank you for sharing x

elizabeth said...

Yes! They are in full bloom here!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful. I see why you look forward to this time of year. I love to see blossoming trees and against a blue sky is the best. Happy fresh week to you!

Jackie said...

I love cherry blossoms, and can hardly wait for mine to start blooming.

God bless.

Deanna Rabe said...

I love all the blooming trees this time of year!

Alex said...

Ah, there are no words to describe its beauty...fleetingness..well, I think the Japanese have a word for just that, but we don't? A perfect Small Moment for you! And us.

Mrs. White said...

Your tree looks beautiful! I love flowering trees. We hope to get some this season. God bless you!

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...