Monday, 24 July 2023

Little things.......

 I love the gentle sound of water in a garden. In a perfect world I'd like enough space to have one of those beautiful glass globes with water flowing over it. This one cost £1,900....


However, at a much lower cost, (£9.99) I am now the proud owner of a little solar fountain. The water makes a delightful bubbling sound and apart from sunshine it needs little upkeep. I laughed the other day when a blackbird decided to try it out for a drink. The fountain was low as there wasn't any sun, but suddenly shot up a little burst. The blackbird was not amused and flapped crossly out of the way.



With a few flower heads floating in the water it looks and sounds quite pretty.


17 comments:

Poppypatchwork said...

Perfect for your garden.

Mrs. White said...

It is lovely! I enjoyed hearing about the bird's reaction! Thank you! God bless!

Frugally challenged said...

The noise of tinkling water makes a very special addition to any garden. Enjoy it!

Kay G. said...

We love to watch the birds! I wonder if we have the solar ones here in the USA, I will have to get me one if we do!

Visits With Mary said...

Love your little fountain. The sound of water is so peaceful, well, except for the blackbird. {{laughing}}

Deanna Rabe said...

That so great!

KirstenM said...

I ummed and ahhed for weeks before I bought one of those solar fountains, but I'm so glad I did. Even on cloudy days I enjoy watching it trying to do its stuff!

ellen b. said...

What a sweet affordable water feature!

Jackie said...

Such a pretty fountain. I love it.

God bless.

The Happy Whisk said...

Sounds relaxing. Be great to sit outside, read on draw and listen to the calming sounds.

Granny Marigold said...

I like your little solar fountain. The sound of trickling water is very relaxing.

elizabeth said...

Oh how fun!! Love the price and it gives you something to enjoy including with it's lovely sound

Catherine said...

It’s a nice little fountain, I would love to have one in my garden!

Aritha V. said...

What a beautiful garden ornament. I would love to see that with the blackbird. I also enjoy the sound of flowing water myself, especially in the forest, a stream, a small waterfall, something like that. Thank you for your lovely blog and the beautiful photo!

Terri said...

I love fountains and yours looks perfect!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Pretty fountain, and easy to set up. The blue globe has a serene charm with a rough price.
I'll be searching online for a fountain. Thank you!

Lorrie said...

The sound of water is so soothing, and I think your little fountain is charming with the flowers in it. Laughed at the mental image of the blackbird startled by a gush of water.

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...