Friday, 11 August 2023

Tomato harvest.

I've been a bit busy with my Tomato harvest.

Every day there is another picking. So far I have made five boxes of Tomato sauce for the freezer. I use my fresh Basil, shallots and a touch of tomato puree. Delicious with pasta.

 


Some of them became roasted tomato halves,with a little garlic and lots of Basil. The  smell in the kitchen was very hungry-making! I have a Delia recipe for roasted tomato soup, so I might make it. One of these days.

Marmande is a lovely variety to grow, usually problem free, and usually very large!

12 comments:

ellen b. said...

A tasty and beautiful harvest. They look so healthy! Do you ever eat a tomato sandwich? :)

Visits With Mary said...

Roasted tomato soup sounds so good, please share your recipe!

Catherine said...

You have a beautiful harvest. I like roasted tomatoes with herbes de Provence and olive oil.

Latane Barton said...

Those bowls of tomatoes made me hungry. I am thinking a tomato sandwich!!

Angela said...

These look so delicious. Maybe I shall try growing Marmande next year

Granny Marigold said...

I love roasted tomato soup. With a slice of whole grain bread and lovely butter....Yum!
All winter we dream of tomatoes that taste as they should.

Jackie said...

Roasted tomato soup is something I have never heard of. Must look it up as I have an over abundance of tomatoes again this year.

God bless.

elizabeth said...

I am so glad that you are still making this sauce ❤️🍝

Poppypatchwork said...

Any harvest is pleasing, even in our small garden we get fruit and salad foods through the summer months.

Mary said...

I love making soup with roasted tomatoes - also add red peppers, shallots and basil to the roasting pan - the house smells so good as they all cook down into a lovely mess!

Anonymous said...

Everyone at the allotment is competing for biggest Marmandes tomato, mine still only has flowers and judging is on Sunday! Where did I go wrong :) Betty, elderberry_rob

The Happy Whisk said...

Five boxes of tomato sauce sounds like heaven to me. Very cool. Cheers, Ivy.

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...