Friday, 24 November 2023

So pretty.

 

Each year I wonder if this lovely cactus will flower, and each year she suddenly bursts forth with a swathe of pinkness.
She sits in this window all year round, never being moved as she would probably object.
She is pampered with a feed every now and then, and a quick wipe down of her leaves.


Hopefully she will continue to flower for many weeks now.

So pretty.

16 comments:

Connie said...

I'm just not good with any house plants and admire anyone who can grow them. Your cactus is beautiful :)

Granny Marigold said...

Your Cactus is amazing! I don't think I've ever seen one as full of blooms!

Angela said...

Mine has amazed me this year as it blooms for the first time. I hope mine flourishes like yours.

Poppypatchwork said...

Mine is in bloom, I will move ours once they have all dropped.

Jackie said...

What a lovely colour of cactus. I don't have much luck with cacti.

God bless.

Rambler said...

So pretty! My last cactus could never make up its mind whether it was a Christmas Cactus or otherwise; it flowered twice a year! I had it for several years, through 3 house moves and being moved from one window to another . . .it seemed to thrive on neglect, with just an occasional watering. Then my dog knocked it off a windowsill, the pot smashed and it didn't survive the re-potting. I haven't had another - maybe I will treat myself to a new one this year. (I don't expect to move house again or to have another dog.)

HWIT BLOGG said...

Your cactus is just beautiful! Love that colour!
Have a happy Sunday...
Titti

DeniseinVA said...

It is a beautiful cactus. Happy Sunday and wishing you a great week :)

Cheryl said...

That is so lovely! I'm sure it brings many smiles. (I do not have a green thumb, so I am quite impressed!)

Lorrie said...

What a beautiful cactus, so full of blooms! I hope your head cold is easing, Barbara - those are never fun.

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Your Christmas cactus is looking so pretty with all those blooms. I hope it keeps flowering for many weeks x

Dianna said...

That cactus is absolutely beautiful!

Visits With Mary said...

OH, that's pretty. Mine only has a couple of blooms, {{sigh}}

Catherine said...

My parents had a very big one that had so many flowers at this time of the year, my father was very proud of it!

ellen b. said...

Very pretty.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

It's always so wonderful to have a blooming cactus! They are particular, indeed about the light and the spot that they occupy. Enjoy those gorgeous blooms!

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...