Sunday, 19 May 2024

Sunny days

I bought a new garden parasol this week. I've put up with an oldie, slightly tattered and with most of the colour faded, so felt it was time for something pretty.





This little area is my happy place, where I sit with a cup of coffee in the morning, listening to the birds singing their hearts out.
It's where friends and family come and join me on a sunny day exchanging news about our week.
It's so convenient, as it is a continuation of my sunroom.
Soon the sweet peas will be scrambling up the little trellis, bringing their own lovely scents to add to that of the roses.
May and June are truly the best months!



 

22 comments:

Catherine said...

You reminded me I have to get sweet peas! They have such nice colours and perfume. I like your little corner and parasol. I wish you a nice week.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a lovely nook. I'd love to come and sit here for a wee visit with you, Barbara. And I love your new parasol - it's so summery in its blue and white stripes.

Mary said...

Such a beautiful spot dear, and that new parasol is so pretty. I had to buy a replacement too - last one broke off in an unexpected spring storm with very high winds. They don't make things to last like they once did.......in the good old days.
Enjoy your happy place - we all need one.
Love, Mary x

ellen b. said...

Love the striped parasol! Looks like a sweet spot to sit a spell and enjoy your surroundings!

Jackie said...

I love that umbrella!! So pretty and it sets off everything else in your special place.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely umbrella, and such a sweet happy place. I totally agree about May and June!
Jo

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Love the parasol for your special place to unwind and relax.

Lorrie said...

That is such a pretty parasol for your garden! Love it. What a wonderful space to sit and enjoy the soon-to-bloom sweetpeas. I do love summer!

KirstenM said...

I love your pretty sunny corner. It's so convenient being right by the house.

doodles n daydreams said...

That is such a lovely corner, I'd love an outdoor reading nook like that in my yard. Your parasol is very pretty too.

Angela said...

What a pretty parasol - and a lovely corner to relax, with a book, or with friends. Wishing you many sunny days 😎🌞

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Your new parasol is so pretty outside your sunroom. A delightful place to relax on your own or share with a few friends.

Donna said...

Oh, how Pretty! I love the fringe...
hugs
Donna

Deanna Rabe said...

That is a lovely parasol!

I recently replaced my old faded one, for a plain white one. I love it, too, and it should not fade!

Sandi said...

Oh, that's so pretty.

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a charming place you have created to enjoy a cup of coffee or simply relax. Love the flowers and the parasol!

~Blessings

Cheryl said...

Your patio is so inviting and I love your pretty new parasol!

Visits With Mary said...

Your happy place is so pretty, I would love to visit you there too! ♥

Terri said...

I love your little spot, Barbara! Wish I could join you for a cup of coffee. I have a nice patio area but because we are on a corner lot and surrounded by neighbors it doesn't give much privacy. Almost every single time I sit out there someone comes out at that moment and decides they want to mow their lawn, weed-eat or use their leaf blower. It definitely doesn't give me much peace and quiet! lol

Pom Pom said...

Oh what a lovely spot! I'll be right over!

Becki said...

That is just the cutest umbrella. And your roses are gorgeous! What a pleasant outdoor spot. I'd sure love to visit with you there. In fact, I might not want to go home! 😊

Mrs. White said...

It looks so lovely! What a cheerful place you've made! God bless you!

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...