Tuesday, 6 May 2025

In the garden

These cheerful little Bellis Daisies smile at me every time I look out of the kitchen window. They are planted in a very old Cornish granite trough, which is almost impossible to move.


 I do love pink in my garden. This is a branch of an old fashioned Wiegela shrub which I thought had died.....until I cut it hard back and it flourished!


More happy faces. This very bright plant is, I think, Ixia. I can't be sure as it simply arrived one day with no warning, and grew and grew.  

The last photo is bronze Arctotis, much loved by the bees. I also have it in pink. Of course.


Just a little wander through my flower beds.

I'm off on holiday to Austria this coming week. I'll see you all in a couple of weeks time.



 


18 comments:

Deanna Rabe said...

I love your pink Weigelia! Wow, that's a stunner!

Poppypatchwork said...

I do love a surprising new plants, I've had a few last year, sadly 2 will grow huge, they are in pots ready to be passed on. For years I lived white flowers in my garden, these days I have a better mixture of colours.

KirstenM said...

Your spring is ahead of ours!

Sue in Suffolk said...

You have some lovely flowers and well ahead of Suffolk

Jackie said...

Lovely. Those daisy's are very interesting.

God bless.

๐ŸŒบ Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Gorgeous flowers.

Granny Marigold said...

I love all your pretty flowers although the Ixia and Arctotis are totally unfamiliar to me. The Daisies are lovely. I used to have them and they'd even pop up on the lawn then one year they all disappeared. I must add them to my list for when I go back to the nursery. Isn't May a delight!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. I like pink too!
Jo

Angela said...

The Ixia is lovely. "Volunteer" plants which spring up by themselves are often a real joy

Lorrie said...

This peek at your garden is full of loveliness, Barbara. Bellis Daisies were my great-grandmother's favourite flowers, my mother tells me. Lawns here are full of them, but the more simple variety. I love the fluffiness of yours. Your pink Weigela is a twin to mine and it's currently opening its flowers here, too.

ellen b. said...

A beautiful wander!

Wrinkly Martha said...

We just planted up some bronze coloured flowers ( I can’t tell you what they are because my husband has just informed me that he has thrown away all the details ๐Ÿคจ) However, they may be my new favourite flower colour ๐Ÿ˜Š

Elderberry-Rob said...

I love weigela and have two, one is like yours, the other dark pink. They are so forgiving and if I cut them, they come back with more flowers which can go through the whole Summer. I like your stone planter, you can never have too much pink the garden in my opinion :) Betty

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Lovely flowers are blooming in your garden at the moment. Enjoy your holiday break.

Cheryl said...

I hope you're thoroughly enjoying your holiday, Barbara! Thanks for the stroll through your cheerful garden!

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful flowers in your garden that bring joy to your heart.
Austria, what wonderful vacations I had there, especially in the winter.
But now we're traveling back to England, and maybe we'll come to Cornwall too. I wish you much joy in wonderful Austria.

Aritha V. said...

Beautiful flowers. What a beauty

Catherine said...

I also love pink in the garden. Your flowers are beautiful. My daughter just came back from cycling along the Danube to Austria and Hungary have a nice time.

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...