Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower beds there are one or two plants still hanging on. I have been watering as much as I can. Every drop of kitchen water is used for my garden.
Look at this lovely Monarda, also known as Bee balm. The bees flock to it.
A few petunias are still flowering. I love their velvety textures.
A few late roses suddenly appeared. I wasn't expecting second blooms as it has been so dry. This one is called Orient Express.
The last few of a pot full of verbenas of different varieties.
Always on my patio there are geraniums. They cheer any corner.
A lovely thing happened to me today. nothing to do with flowers. I had just entered Waitrose (supermarket) when I was stopped by a lady who told me how much she admired my outfit. What a surprise and how kind! I was wearing white jeans with a rather lovely Italian blue flowered shirt. Not smart, but cool in this hot weather.
What a lift it gave me!
13 comments:
Sorry about the drought. Your flowers look lovely in the midst of the drought. That was sweet for the lady to stop and express her compliment to you.
We are having a drought here, too, terrible on the garden. Your flowers are so pretty I would have made the title of this post "Gorgeous Patches Of Colour.
Orient Express is a beauty!!!
Isn't it a rare and pleasant thing to be complimented by a perfect stranger?
Barbara, your outfit sounds lovely! I am fond of blue and white, and cool is the name of the game these days. I am glad that the lady stopped to tell you. I am reminded again that our words matter.
Just goes to show we never know the power of our words!
Love all the flowers, especially that Orient Express.
Jo
I've never bought white jeans as I don't trust myself to keep them pristine all day; I've always admired the look though.
You've so much colour in your garden, the flowers must be bringing you a lot of pleasure
Whenever I have met you in person, you always looked smart and cool. But such a lovely compliment from a stranger is a real boost to the day!!
It's so nice to be complimented, she must be a very sweet lady. Your splashes of color are so pretty, I love verbenas.
The flowers in your garden are still looking very pretty.
That was a kind thing that lady did to made you feel special. I hope someone does the same for her.
Sorry about the draught. Your photos are beautiful! Warm greetings from a retired lady living in Montreal, Canada.
I wondered how you were managing with the drought, it's been quite a challenge. I love the bee balm, infact I have a packet of seeds I never got round to planting and wish I had! it is indeed nice to be complimented so here's another one - one we last met, I noticed your hair is lovely! neat, pretty and I hope mine greys to a colour like yours! Betty
Your flowers still look beautiful and that rose is amazing!!!
God bless.
Beautiful. These hardy flowers who brave the heat are all the more special.
Amalia
xo
Post a Comment