Yes, it is. Our society gets so caught up in the hustle and bustle and commercialism and it's easy to forget that Christ's coming is what we celebrate. Wishing you and your dear husband and family a blessed Christmas season.
Elizabeth, that particular Botticelli painting is so beautiful, both in its visual splendor and also in the spiritual connection it can form with its observers. Truly lovely.
I am enjoying seeing your posts at this new site, and am glad that your son brought that tree ... with decorations.
My December schedule has been busy, but I do think that in these final Advent days I might find a bit of quiet time to truly contemplate what Christmas is about.
What a pity more people don't realise this fact and think instead it is about eating drinking and spending! Have a peaceful Christmas with time to remember the real reasons for the festivities.
7 comments:
You're so right Elizabeth I just wish more people realised what Christmas really means.
Enjoy your Christmas and hope 2016 have a peaceful and healthily new year.
Hazel c uk
Yes, it is. Our society gets so caught up in the hustle and bustle and commercialism and it's easy to forget that Christ's coming is what we celebrate.
Wishing you and your dear husband and family a blessed Christmas season.
Elizabeth, that particular Botticelli painting is so beautiful, both in its visual splendor and also in the spiritual connection it can form with its observers. Truly lovely.
I am enjoying seeing your posts at this new site, and am glad that your son brought that tree ... with decorations.
My December schedule has been busy, but I do think that in these final Advent days I might find a bit of quiet time to truly contemplate what Christmas is about.
xo
Amen!
What a pity more people don't realise this fact and think instead it is about eating drinking and spending! Have a peaceful Christmas with time to remember the real reasons for the festivities.
So very pretty Barbara :0). Enjoy these moments. Love, mari
A peaceful pause
Post a Comment