Wednesday, 1 January 2025

New Year.

 

Happy New Year to you all!
I spent Christmas in the Black Forest, in Germany. It's somewhere I have never been before and it was a wonderful 'getaway'experience.
I stayed in a very typical German hotel in a small town on the edge of the Forest.


(I see that my Camera date is one day behind.)
The celebrations took place through Christmas Eve, and we were treated to a five course dinner, with visitor.

Father Christmas came and wandered around looking as though he had borrowed someone's Dressing gown, but shaking hands with everyone and giving out little jars of local honey!
We had some beautiful singing from a youth choir, whose members seemed to range from tinies to older children.

On Christmas Day, when there were no arranged celebrations, I went with another lady, in a taxi for a couple of hours wander in the forest. The driver told us that there had been no snow in the mountains until two days before. It was a majestic sight to see the trees laden with thick snow.


One last Winter experience! A visit to Baden Baden, one of the most lovely Spa towns, meant a ride in a horse drawn carriage through the Park.


Snuggled up in furry robes we enjoyed our ride on a sunny, but very chilly Boxing Day.

Now, back to cold and misty Cornwall. What will this coming year bring, I wonder. We pray for peace.



25 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I hope your new year brings blessings and happiness.

Rambler said...

That looks like a wonderful getaway, Barbara - had you booked the snow??? It does look amazing and glad to see you were well wrapped up against the c c c c cold.

KirstenM said...

What a wonderful experience! Real snow, real trees... how lovely.

Angela said...

How beautiful! God bless you richly in the year ahead. With much love from both of us ❤️🙏👍😊

Mrs. White said...

What a wonderful time you must have had! I am delighted to hear it. Happy New Year!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

What a wonderful way to spend Christmas. A lovely get away, indeed. Happy New Year, Barbara. Wishing you His peace and grace for the coming days.

Connie said...

It is so good to see you out enjoying life and giving it your all. Happy New Year sweet friend.

Linda Baker said...

🌲Happy New Year!❄️

doodles n daydreams said...

A lovely way to spend Christmas. Wishing you all the best for 2025.

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been such a lovely time. I especially would have loved the horse drawn carriage ride. Have a happy and healthy new year!

Cheryl said...

What a lovely and different way to spend your holiday! Blessings in the New Year to you!

Lorrie said...

What a wonderful winter getaway. When my daughter and her husband lived in Europe for a year, they joined a group from the UK, a Christian group that hosted a large Christmas gathering in Germany. I wonder if this is something similar? How beautiful the snow is. I'm so glad you had a good time. Happy New Year, dear B.

Elderberry-Rob said...

You chose a really nice way to spend your Christmas, Im so glad you were able to explore and get out in the fresh air too, the snow looks wonderful. Pleased to see a picture of you looking just the same as last time we met!. Happy New Year x

Barwitzki said...

Greetings to you, dear Elizabeth, in Cornwall. Last year we were in Great Britain for the first time - we drove along the southern coast from Dover to Cornwall. It was one of our best holidays ever.
We're glad you enjoyed Christmas in the Black Forest. Thank you for your lovely photos. We're waiting for snow... the forest, the gardens in their white dress are so beautiful and I'm getting my skis out for it.
All the best wishes for you and your loved ones for the New Year. May it bring you lots of joy.
Viola

Terri said...

How fun! It looks like you had a wonderful time. Happy New Year, Barbara!

Jackie said...

It looks like you had a magical time on your Christmas. I hope this new year brings you many blessings.

God bless.

ellen b. said...

What a lovely trip this was filled with special Christmas adventures! Happy New Year to you!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

What a special getaway for you! How lovely to spend Christmas in such a "Christmasy" setting! Loved the picture of you and your friend in the horse carriage, and also the mountain road picture reminded me of where I live! Although we don't have much snow here yet. Happy New Year's to you!

Deanna Rabe said...

Happy New Year, Barbara!

Catherine said...

You’re lucky what a wonderful getaway for Christmas!
Happy new year to you!

Visits With Mary said...

Such a wonderful Christmas vacation!! I would have loved the buggy ride♥

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

What a beautiful way to spend a few days over the Christmas period. You look very cosy and happy in your furry robes. Hope we don't get too much snow when you get back. Stay safe and warm in Cornwall.

Rambler said...

I've just seen on Mary's blog that you have bronchitis - that's not a welcome gift from your Christmas getaway in Germany. Sending you very best wishes for a quick recovery. Stay warm and hydrated and - keep up with the medication. Love from Rosemary xxx

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

What an amazing experience! I do hope you enjoy your new year. There are so many experiences we can treasure in our hearts. God is so good to us. May you receive clarity from God about what's next in this new year for you. Step into your God given destiny!
Be blessed,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Pom Pom said...

What fun! It sounds like the perfect way to celebrate!

Threads through Revelation

  I've been to Truro Cahedral to visit a wonderful exhibition.  'Threads through Revelation' is the second of Jacqui Parkinson...