Thursday, 10 December 2015

A new site

Small moments in a day.
Moments that are sometimes joyful, sometimes frustrating.
Because my life is so entwined with 24/7 caring for my husband, moments of time for myself are very important to us both.


A lovely morning was spent last week at the National Trust nearby, attending a Wreath making workshop. Two hours (that's a lot of moments) spent mingling and chatting with other ladies, all being creative and all producing very lovely decorative wreaths.
Mine's a bit lopsided.

21 comments:

Josie said...

It sounds like you had a very enjoyable morning and I love the finished wreath!

Angela said...

That is a lovely wreath - well done, may your home be encircled with love and peace this Christmastide x

Stephanie said...

A lovely new site, my friend! Thank you for letting me know - I look forward to following along on your journey :) Love and hugs to you!

Lorrie said...

Your wreath is lovely and I'm so glad you let me know about your new site. These small moments of time can be so precious and restorative.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

It's all these small moments that make up the fabric of our lives.
What a beautiful wreath - creative time is so good for the soul.
It's lovely to hear from you - I've been thinking of you both.
Love
Shane x


Marigold Jam said...

I think your wreath is lovely and only God can make anything perfect and we shouldn't expect to be able to! I think you are wise to take moments for yourself along the way and I am sure they will enable you to do what you need to with more patience and love than otherwise might be the case. My thoughts are with you and your husband.

French Nanny said...

Great to see you back in the Blogging Chair!

I make wreaths from the ivy growing over ny fence, and they are NEVER perfectly round and I seldom manage to decorate them, so I wouldn't worry about yours - it looks lovely and definitely very festive.
Do you follow Attic 24 and her crochet wreaths?

Connie said...

You are absolutely right. Life is truly about those small moments. I hope all is going well with you. Hubs is my caregiver also, but I truly don't require much care at all. Cleaning this house is my biggest task. I may have to hire a cleaner for a couple of times a month. Hubby is just so busy with all his organizations we belongs to and I don't think it wise to ask him to give them up.
xoxo,
Connie

Sara said...

It is a very pretty wreath. Festive with red and green and I like all the different types of greenery you used. I'm sure if I tried to create one mine would be lopsided too! It's lovely you had all those moments in which to visit with the others and create a fresh wreath to hang on your door.

Frugally challenged said...

How lovely to have you back sharing some of your small moments.

Elderberry-Rob said...

This is going to be a lovely place to visit, I'm glad you have continued blogging. Your wreath is very pretty, creative time is always time well spent. Betty x

Kathleen Grace said...

I think your wreath is lovely, and I ma so glad you found some time to have fun. I am so glad you are still blogging. Don't worry about how often, I'll put you on my feed so I always catch your posts! Have a wonderful Christmas Barbara!

Frugally challenged said...

Did you make that at Trelissick?

Anonymous said...

I know that whatever time you are able to get away, it is good for you and for your husband. Praying for you dear lady...love, maria

Tina said...

So very happy to hear your voice in blogland again! Xxx

Lynn said...

Lovely ~ I am so glad to see you writing again ~ I missed you.
L.x.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I'm so happy to read you take some time for yourself. And the result is a beautiful wreath!

Anonymous said...

lovely...

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Barbara -- I am so glad you are back! Mary Dawson directed me to your new blog and I am so glad to see you posting your lovely posts and lovely photos! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a lovely new year -- will visit often!

Anne Payne said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I didn't make any decorations this year. I should have. {{hugs}}

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

What a lovely wreath; I'm sure you enjoyed it. Be blessed and trust in the Lord!
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...