Friday, 25 December 2015

Happy Christmas!


I wish you all a very 
Happy Christmas!




I've just made some lovely Mince pies, yes, on Christmas morning!
I'm taking some into the hospital, where sadly my husband was admitted a few days ago.
He's much better and we hope he can come home soon. It's not the ideal place to spend Christmas day!

And of course....we are

13 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I hope he is home soon and you can enjoy your small moments there. Meanwhile, enjoy your day as much as you can in the hospital. Every blessing.

Terri said...

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I'll be praying.

Merry Christmas, Barbara!

Marigold Jam said...

Not an ideal place to spend Christmas but you can celebrate it again later when he is home perhaps. I hope he will be home with you soon. I too made some mince pies this morning just half a dozen and we have had them instead of pudding with our roast chicken lunch.

Frances said...

Elizabeth, best wishes to you and your husband. I am sure that your freshly baked mince pies will brighten that hospital visit.

xo

Elderberry-Rob said...

Blessings to you and your husband at Christmas - I am sorry he is not enjoying this festive time at home with you but see you have made the best of the situation, bringing goodies to the staff and adapting to your temporary surroundings, I hope there will be some quiet time for you and hubby together. Betty x

Anonymous said...

And to you also dear lady :0) May this new year be filled with much peace... mari

ann said...

Hello. I didn't realize that you had a new site. I am so glad. I hope you had a Merry Christmas. We had our big celebration last night, so today we have had a very quiet day. It is snow tonight. Hubby is going ice fishing in the mountains tomorrow; I wonder about the wisdom in that decision. I'll be staying in cleaning up after a big party. I rested today. I hope all is well with you and your husband.

ann said...

PS now I know why I lost one follower. :)

Peggy said...

Sorry to hear of the struggles, but hope you were able to 'celebrate' somewhat. God bless!

Tina said...

Wishing your dear husband a speedy recovery, xx

Lynn said...

Sending you much love.
L.x.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rhondi said...

Dear Barbara. So sorry to hear your husband is in the hospital. Praying he makes a quick recovery.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...