Today's big excitement!
The first picking of my two plants of Rhubarb.
I love its glossy red stems. This will turn into a tasty Rhubarb Crumble for lunch.
And a few Camassia flower heads.
The garden is coming alive.
The Stationery swap is under way now, posting going out by 12th May to USA, Canada, Belgium and UK.
Do please post about your swap when you receive your gifts.
Thank you all for joining in.
22 comments:
Hello dear friend,
Mmmm, rhubarb, so nice! Mine is coming but I have to wait a little longer. Enjoy your crumble!
That plant is beautiful, wow!!!
Have a nice day & love, Carolien
I bought rhubarb the other day and have eaten far too much crisp! Yours looks wonderful!
Looks like I missed the stationary swap. Next time. My rhubarb is ready to cute, I think. I don't do anything fancy with it, just cook it down to eat on toast or alone. I am the only one who eats it here, so I freeze to enjoy later. Hope you are well.
Your rhubarb looks great and your flowers are just beautiful. Sorry I missed seeing your stationery swap post. Looks like great fun!
Mmmm... now I am craving rhubarb cobbler :) It will be another 3-4 weeks until I get any rhubarb from my plants, but it's worth the wait :) Enjoy, sweet friend!
Hugs!
I love rhubarb. I remember as a child I would get a stalk of rhubarb and the salt shaker and enjoy every bite!
I am so excited to participate and shopped for it last night. It helped take my mind off the grief...it always helps to do something for someone else when we are hurting so deeply. God bless you for providing this right now.
Wow! The flowers are gorgeous, Barbara!!! I don't think I've ever seen those before. Do you make Strawberry Rhubarb pie? That's the only way I've ever eaten Rhubarb. :)
A stationery swap sounds fun! I'll have to remember to check back in and see what all y'all swapped.
Have a great day!
Today's my day to go hunting for the perfect stationery for my swap partner - easier than it might be because I know her!!
Rhubarb - I will be planting some for next year.
Oh, to be able to have rhubarb crumble for lunch! Your garden certainly is looking very good in that sunshine.
(Like others, I'm sorry not to have been able to participate in this current stationery swap. Next time, I hope.)
xo
Rhubarb crumble sounds delicious, Elizabeth! Your rhubarb looks great and the flowers are lovely!
Rhubarb! I haven't had that in years! A friend of my family used to make a really good rhubarb pie when I was a child. After seeing your post I'm thinking about going to the store and trying to find some to make my own!
Your rhubarb looks for healthy and fresh. Enjoy your rhubarb crumble!
I'm eyeing our rhubarb and planning on doing something with it this weekend. That's also when I'll go shopping for my stationery partner.
Is the camassia an imported plant? I thought it was native to North America. It looks very like the one I showed a couple of days ago. Such a pretty blue.
Mmmm... rhubarb crumble, so delightful! And I love your camassia.. it is gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it! I'm sorry to have missed out on your stationary swap, it sounds delightful! I've been a bit missing in blog-world lately. Will look forward to seeing all the lovely swaps that come in :)
How tall you rhubarb is already! Ours was shock-frosted I think as it is in the coldest spot of our hanging gardens. Me too, have Camassia since last year (was it Monty who inspired??) but had forgotten about until I weeded the goose border. Your swap is a great success, you will have to repeat it! I am looking forward to it all, thanks for the great idea!
Ooh Rhubarb Crumble, delicious x
Yum, enjoy your crumble! The Camassia is just beautiful. I don't think I've seen that flower before. Lovely ♥
rhubarb crumble - delicious!
Your rhubarb crumble sounds delicious. Big black ants ate mine to the ground. Love the flowers; they're gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. :)
I love seeing all the different things growing in spring. Don't think I ever saw flowers like that before. Very interesting blossoms!
The rhubarb is beautiful! I've never seen it in person and have only eaten it once. What are you going to do with it?
Happy Thoughts of Home. We are so glad you joined us. :)
Post a Comment