We've had a night of thunder and lightning, a real storm.
Everywhere is wet, a huge ocean of water lay across the surgery car park this morning, and yet, there is pale sunshine!
My little garden shed/place where all my husband's tools etc. live, has had a makeover.
From being a rather nasty ginger colour it is now a gentle blue.
Much more attractive to view from the kitchen window, especially as there is little colour left in the garden now.
I'm very happy with it in its new clothes.
My original plan was to paint the fence also, but it is now so covered with roses and clematis that it has to stay...and maybe the ginger will fade over the years.
26 comments:
Our storms arrived late afternoon-it went incredibly dark and we had lamps on at 5pm ~ it felt very wintery!
Love the colour.
L.x.
Seems like there are storms everywhere, we had one on Monday. The rain helps water my plants so I don't have to. Your garden is lovely.
The shed looks great nestled in your pretty garden. Love the color, looks peaceful!
Our storm was Tuesday morning - when we were out [with baby in buggy] in a National Trust garden. We had to retreat hastily to the Tearoom. [not complaining though!!] Your shed looks fab. Yes , much nicer than 'ginger'. Now I want to paint mine!!
I do like the color of your shed. Very pretty in your garden. I'm glad your storm passed without causing you many problems. Have a great day.
That's very pretty, surprising what a colour change can do!
Love that gentle blue and it is so nice to look at. We have a lot of "ginger" fencing around the neighborhoods. I never thought to call it ginger...
It is so pretty Barbara...and yes, it will fade after a time :0) I have been absent. So much going on here with my daughter and my husband...but I am back to blogging once again :-o) mari
What a lovely shade! Your garden still looks perfect, too!
Such a pretty shade of blue to look at while at the kitchen window. Your garden seems to have plenty of green growth and interest in it yet.
Oooo...that is so pretty and makes for a lovely part of your view! Good choice!
Blue suits your garden nicely. Yes, blogging is a strange world. I do liken it having pen pals. Through your letter exchange, I made a new friend in Anke. Connecting with outers is just fun. I do enjoy my little virtual trips around the world, especially to your English garden.
Lovely colour! It looks great!
I think we have the storm heading our way for later this afternoon...
Oh, we had a terrible weather that same night, but I could feel the storm was farther away... on your head apparently. For some reason, I don't get your comments in my inbox and I just found them tonight as I was visiting me own blog (which is weird, but urned out useful!)
Elizabeth, you've a lovely color scheme in your garden. The multiple shades of green look beautiful against the blue of the shed, and the evolving ginger shade of the fencing. Nature will continue to spread its beauty as the seasons pass by. xo
Yes that storm was very frightening here too over in Mullion ...the water buts are full again :) No real damage done , other than the electricity went off . So sorry for those who,ve been flooded .
Love the new colour of the garden shed , very pretty and I love the little bird house too ! Hugs x
hello Barbara, this is a lovely lookout to your garden and light blue is gorgeous against your Cornish sky. No rain here for weeks now, all the water tubs are empty. It should change now soon, we shall see. Off to the UK on Monday and visiting a house on the Welsh borders. Staying for one week and getting my 'island fix'. And 'children fix'. And 'granddaughter fix'. Best wishes to you both. xxxoooxxx
Linda as suas imagens.
Adorei.
Prazer em conhecer seu blog.
janicce/Brasil
It's a lovely shade of blue. Your garden is so pretty.
Storms here too. ♥
I love your garden and shed, Elizabeth! So homey and welcoming. Makes me want to come visit and sit in your lovely garden visiting with you!
I love the new color of your shed Elizabeth! And always so fun to get a facelift of color. Storms are not fun, but I'm glad that the sunshine was back! Hugs to you today :)
I love the blue of your shed! Makes me want to paint my fence!
Elizabeth, I love your little shed in it's pretty new blue dress! A gorgeous choice! Love, Mimi xxx
Hi Elizabeth storms are really scary. We have storms in the summer season here. I love the pictures and the bench on the garden.
Cheers Sandra xxx
Hi Elizabeth storms are really scary. We have storms in the summer season here. I love the pictures and the bench on the garden.
Cheers Sandra xxx
I love the new colour of your shed and your garden looks very enticing. I'm in desperate need of a new one. Have found a local company that will make them bespoke just haven't found the time yet to dismantle the old one, tore the contents somewhere whilst a new base is put down and the new one erected. Always something else more pressing to be done such as a long lunch in the garden and then watching the butterflies. Hugs Mrs A.
Post a Comment