Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Knit, knit, knit.

Seen on the back of a bus today (en route to hospital....)

'Buses wunt loike this backalong'

Care to translate? Remember , this is Cornwall!
******

And the hospital? Yes, my husband was , sadly, admitted last night with extremely high temperatures and loss of consciousness.  All very worrying at the time, but recovery is under way with the provision of intravenous antibiotics. We are grateful for the prayers said by many for him.

And, knit knit knit?
I suddenly remembered that the date for sending in little hats for the Innocent Big Knit was this coming weekend.


I managed to knit (scramble together) four little hats for their Charity event, not as many as I would normally do.
But it will be £1.00  for Age Concern, so that's fine.
They have raised £1 million plus, just by selling these little hats on Smoothie bottles through the Supermarket.

20 comments:

Mary said...

Dear Barbara, my prayers are being said. I hope all will go well and you will keep us informed on your dear husband's progress.
With love - Mary

Marigold Jam said...

Hoping and praying your husband will make a good recovery. And on the bus - buses were not like this in the past - is that right?!

Carolien said...

O dear, that is a worry ... I pray he will recover soon. We are thinking of you, dear Barbara!
The hats are cute, great movement for the elderly!

Take care & love Carolien

Alex said...

I pray your husband will do well with the care at hospital.
Will be so glad to hear better news!
Yes, I could translate it ok, but did "like this" mean 'modern-looking' or as in 'never on time?!'

Elizabethd said...

I think so!

elizabeth said...

those are darling hats! * We do what we can and you are doing a lot from what I can gather! * so sorry your husband was in hospital, that would of been worrying. God bless you and him! Will say a prayer now for him....

ellen b. said...

Glad things are looking up for your husband. Those little hats are so cute. Blessings on you...

Lynn said...

Sending love and prayers xx

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sorry about your husbands need for antibiotics and the hospital!

Those wee hats are very cute! What a lovely thing to do for others while you have such a pressing concern yourself!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, those little caps are adorable!

ann said...

Prayers for you husband's speedy recovery. You must be worried. Love the little hats. Wish I could knit. The pink one is my favorite.

Pom Pom said...

I like the pink one, too.
Prayers for Mr. D.

Frances said...

Best wishes to you and your husband. Hoping that the hospital stay is giving him care that will allow him to be home soon.

The tiny hats are adorable! xo

Lorrie said...

Praying for your husband's health and for your strength. The little hats are adorable. I'm so glad someone else figured out what the words on the bus meant, for backalong baffled me.

Elderberry-Rob said...

oh no your poor husband is very fragile and I am sure this latest hospital stay will be taking it's toll on you - take care and keep strong.

Melanie said...

I'm praying for your dear husband, Elizabeth and for you. Such a trying time for both of you. I pray the antibiotics quickly get rid of the infection. I have to say I am pretty much clueless as to that translation!

Rambler said...

Oh dear, I hope M is feeling better very soon now he has antibiotics and that you are able to take things a bit easier between hospital visits. Having 'proper Cornish' friends, I had no trouble translating the bus message, but sometimes I have to listen very carefully when my friends are in full flow with their very Cornish accents!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

A little prayer for your dear husband's health and for your own strength. Aren't those little hats cute. Not sure what 'backalong' means.

Sending hugs
Brenda
xox

Anne Payne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband being hospitalized but thankful that good care is available. I'm praying for y'all!

The hats are adorable and will be greatly appreciated. {{hugs}}

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I hope your husband's health is improving.
The hats are adorable and I think they'd look great on a baby's bottle.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...