Saturday, 18 February 2017

Bits and pieces.


What happy faces!

This is such a happy time in the garden. There is still masses to do to get it ready for the Spring, but plants are beginning to show themselves. It's lovely to see little familiar faces, a few violets, 
hyacinths from a Christmas bowl now blooming in a flower bed, Hellebores growing bigger and bigger, daffodils everywhere..
I have a look every day and there is often something new appearing.

I had a very charming surprise gift this week. Marilyn from Spicing up Idaho blog won a little giveaway of mine a while ago, just some pieces of fabric. So very kindly she sent me a little stitched gift from the same fabric.

A potholder for my kitchen and a pretty bookmark.
Thank you!

Last but not least, we so hope that the interest in the birdbox might mean that the bluetits take up residence. They are obviously considering this as one of their options!


19 comments:

Simple Living said...

Love your planter, the garden is starting to take off again here, I will venture out and maybe do a garden post next week. Lovely to see the Bluetits taking interest, we have Great Tits and Bluetits peeking in the same box.

Terri said...

I'm just catching up on your blog, Barbara, and I'm so happy to hear that your husband is home. Your garden is coming along nicely! We are buried with snow for the next couple of months still so no gardening here!

Melanie said...

How sweet for her to stitch that pretty pot holder for you. I hope the birds do decide to take up residence in your bird house. Have a blessed day.

ellen b. said...

That is a sweet gift. You have reminded me to fill my bird feeder! Hope you have a good weekend.

bayou said...

Hello Barbara, when I read how advanced your nature is over there it makes me wish to move to where you are ;-). Here we are only just in the starting box. Snowdrops show up but don't ring their bells yet, whereas EG told that Wales is full of them! The daffodils about one cm out of the ground here but no wonder, it is still chilly and I hope I did not put the Dixonia out too early. Well deserved, this return-gift, it's a boomerang to your kindness, dear Barbara. You are my bright star! Lots of love from Belgium.

Elderberry-Rob said...

That is a very nice surprise. I do hope the bluetits stay, we had some looking in our birdbox so are hopeful too.

Lorrie said...

You are ahead of us, Barbara. I think the cold and snow set us back a few weeks. It's always wonderful to see the first green shoots and the early blossoms. Lovely signs of spring from your garden.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, how sweet of Marilyn! Her work is gorgeous! Love the flowers and bird & birdhouse.

elizabeth said...

what lovely things! those flowers are delightful! so glad for these small blessings!

Stephanie said...

Oh, what sweet flowers, my friend! I can't wait until they start blooming here, but it will be a while yet.

Marliyn is such a precious lady and her handmade goodies are truly beautiful. Enjoy!

Hugs to you, dear one!

sweetbriardreams said...

Lots of spring happening over the last week and milder temperatures being enjoyed! I keep looking at our bird boxes and saying 'not yet'! Have a wonderful week xx

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh my goodness, you are so far ahead of us - seeing blooms already in your garden! That is SO exciting! It was a special joy of mine to be able to send you a little something after the generous gift of fabric you sent me! I'm happy you found a little spot for it in your kitchen :) Happy hugs to you dear friend, you put a smile on my face today with your pictures of spring blooms... and I hope your bluetit takes up residence in the sweet little birdhouse!

Pondside said...

You are ahead of us, but we will catch up. I have seen daffodils here and there, and the odd camellia in a protected corner. Spring can't be far off.

Pom Pom said...

Marilyn is so sweet!
Aw! I love your birdhouse and the blue tit is very cute.
No flowers here.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

The first flowers of Spring give one such hope of things to come! Your Polyanthus look so cheerful.
How kind of Marilyn to make those sweet gifts for you.
You're never far from my thoughts dear B.
Shane

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, I see that we have many blog friends in common and wanted to say "hi." I live in Georgia. We are enjoying early signs of spring, too. It's fun to walk around the yard each day and see what is budding. What a lovely gift from Marilyn from the cloth. Best wishes with your bird houses. Mildred

Debbie Harris said...

Look at those pretty blooms!
Marilyn certainly gifted you with a precious gift.
We have stellar Blue Jays during our winter months here, close to 40 actually and they are such an enjoyment! When I feed them they just shout with joy.

Bless you ♡

Debbie Harris said...

Look at those pretty blooms!
Marilyn certainly gifted you with a precious gift.
We have stellar Blue Jays during our winter months here, close to 40 actually and they are such an enjoyment! When I feed them they just shout with joy.

Bless you ♡

Kathleen Grace said...

Your flowers look so pretty Elizabeth, you are clearly a bit ahead of us with your warmer weather. Such pretty gifts, doesn't something pretty in the mail just brighten your day?

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...