Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Around the garden


So lovely to see patches of colour and growth now.
A bowl of pale crocus has flowered for days, and will soon be over.


Arabis creeps over a border edge, almost covering the little Aubrietia on the corner.

Cushions of Primroses, soon I must split them I think.
(Lynn, can you see your Pulmonaria there?)

A single red Camellia covers the fence.
...and a Double Camellia is on the other side of the garden.


Those of you who read the Grey Rabbit stories as children would think she would approve of these beauties!

Little Grey Rabbit makes Primrose Wine.

25 comments:

Sylvia said...

Pretty flowers. Spring isn't too far off.
Have a blessed day!

Simple Living said...

Lovely photos, I just love this time of year.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Melanie said...

Just lovely! Have a beautiful day!

Carolien said...

Hello Elizabeth,

It's amazing how many flowers you already have in the garden! It looks really nice!
Today I potted up some pansies and primulas and immediately the garden looks cheerful.

Have a good evening & love, Carolien

Anonymous said...

Well dear lady...those flowers are just beautiful! Here...well, you already saw ~ snow and more snow :0) mari

elizabeth said...

oh those are so pretty!! what a treat to see them! thank you!!!

Lorrie said...

Your spring flowers have brightened up my day! Such pretty things.

Connie said...

Elizabeth, my hubby is 76 this year and still going strong. He helps our church ward move and actually has cut down on his walking from an hour 3 times a week to 45 minutes 3 times a week. He's incredibly healthy and strong BUT he IS a retired U.S.Marine so he should be.

I'm doing well, even with the tube up my nose. I get out for lunches with friends and try to keep my house clean. I'll send you some private pix of what we've done lately to jazz it up a bit. I'll send them to your email account. Hard to keep up with the time difference. I also have a friend living in Switzerland, which is another time difference for us on Facebook. Watch for the email.
Connie in Idaho, USA.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful flowers, Elizabeth! I've never heard of primrose wine before. Is it tasty?

ellen b. said...

Lovely images that make me hopeful for Spring!

baili said...

How beautiful this flower bowl is !
loved all your pretty glimpse of spring dear.Happy spring to you

Alex said...

Aren't they all so joyful? We are seeing so many bright daffodils along the lanes here in Sussex (on holiday for week). I think we all finally made it into Spring! ...aaah.
Hope you both have a good and healthy season.

Cheryl said...

So lovely, these early gifts of spring!

Pom Pom said...

Aw! I love Little Grey Rabbit. I may read some Alison Uttley today.
Your flowers are lovely! It looks very springy. We just have some tulip leaves appearing.

Cranberry Morning said...

I can't even imagine having enough primroses to have to split them. I have TWO primroses sitting on my window sill, hoping I can keep them alive until June 5, when all danger of frost should be past. I dream of Cornwall. It seems like the most amazing place. Enjoy your beautiful spring with its flowers. Thank you so much for stopping in and leaving such kind words. I do appreciate it. xo

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Your garden looks all over Spring ... I'm especially smitten with your bowl of pale crocuses. Such delicate blossoms, but oh so hardy and courageous to poke green noses up through snowy fields in these parts.

Wishing you a beautiful day...
Brenda
xox

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers! Spring has arrived at your place.:-)

Dianna said...

I so enjoyed viewing all of your flowers. The double Camellia is so so pretty!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How amazing that spring is blooming so beautifully for you! I adore those camellias, so gorgeous! What beautiful happy faces they are and I'm sure bring you much joy! Spring is making its way here, first bringing mud, rain and washed out roads, as the frost heaves thaw, but then when late spring comes, it will be glorious, and for that I can't wait :) Hugs to you today!

Mary E. Stephens said...

Your flowers are so lovely! :-) Thank you for sharing them with us.

Lynn said...

Your garden looks lovely. Have started reading The Wilderness Within You.
L.x.

Anne Payne said...

Dearest Barbara, You have a green thumb! Your garden is beautiful!!!! I wish i could grow plants like that. Most of mine always end up dying or struggling to live anyway. Such a challenge for me to, to keep plants living. Big sigh...

I love your background! It's shabby chic and oh, so beautiful!

Elderberry-Rob said...

Is primrose wine real, do you think? Signs of Spring slowly showing here, but nothing yet that could compete with your beautiful riot of colour.

Elizabethd said...

Hmm, not sure if it is real....but it sounds good!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...