Thursday, 23 March 2017

Bath time.


I took these photos through the glass door, so they are a bit hazy.
I couldn't resist. We have two ring doves who enjoy our garden.
This one felt it was time for a wash.
It fits comfortably into the bird bath.


Important to wash under the wing.
  .....and now, the other one.

Such a lovely sight.
My bird bath is at least 70 years old and has travelled with me wherever we have been.

27 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I think you inspired me to get a bird bath.

Cheryl said...

I once read that one attracts more birds with a birdbath than with a feeder. Your dove sure looks happy there in your beautiful old birdbath!

elizabeth said...

oh that is so very nice! thank you for sharing! this brightens my morning!

Kathleen Grace said...

Such adorable photos. I love birds!

Mrs A. said...

. Thank you for sharing these delightful pictures. Hugs Mrs A.

Terri said...

Love bird watching!

Simple Living said...

I love the birds, I love watching them splashing around.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sweet!

ellen b. said...

Well that lovely treasure of yours sure lives up to it's name. Fun to actually see birds bathing in a bird bath!

Carolien said...

Oh this is so lovely! And what a special birdbath, love it that you've carried it with you everywhere ...
Have a good weekend & love, Carolien

Elderberry-Rob said...

that is lovely to see. I would love a bird bath but with Ambercat and her friends it would be unwise.

bayou said...

How funny, I just observed today some sparrow in ours. That is, I put it for drinking supply but it is always used for other purposes as well. Good you could take those pictures, the haziness does not matter I find.

Lorrie said...

How lovely. A bird bath is on my wishlist for this year's garden.

Anonymous said...

So interesting to watch the birds bathe! :-)

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh what a lovely sight. I love to see our birds taking baths in our birdbath. We don't have doves, but the robins, magpies, and sparrows love it.

Rambler said...

Lovely, Elizabeth. Last year my birdbath was always needing a top-up as there were 3 broods of sparrows who all wanted a bath at the same time - lots of arguing and chirruping going on. But it was great to see them fluffing their feathers then shaking them dry before flapping wetly away. I hope they make use of it again this year - IF we have any sunshine!

Helen Philipps said...

Such a lovely sight! I love to watch the blackbirds bathing in our garden...they like to splash the water a lot which looks lovely in the sunshine.
Helen xox

Sylvia said...

I love to hear the doves cooing when they fly over and land in our trees. I love to watch birds of any kind bathe.

Connie said...

I also get a lot of pleasure in watching the birds around our garden . . . everything about nature is amazingly grand:)

Anonymous said...

They are so pretty. I love to watch the birds at my feeders. I have a pair of doves that visit. It is so nice that you have moved your bird bath with you.♡

Allison said...

We have a bird bath and several bird feeders right outside our kitchen windows. We enjoy the antics of our birds too! Thank you for sharing these fun pictures!

Anne Payne said...

Doves are one of my favorite birds. They're so genteel looking. Beautiful captures, Barbara!

Anonymous said...

Oh, doesn't that just bring a smile to your face :0) mari

Anonymous said...

Good Day! Such sweet photos of the doves bathing. I love your bird bath and I know it has brought you a lot of birds to enjoy thru the years. Have a lovely day.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I've been wanting a proper bird bath! I've got makeshift ones,but nothing like the beautiful one you have! Great pictures, even through the window ... such joy the birds bring us :)

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Such a happy sight!
Your dove is really enjoying itself in the bird bath!
I love your bird bath but with all the neighbourhood cats visiting my garden I couldn't have one sitting on the ground.
Mine is on a pedestal and I still worry a cat will appear unannounced....

Anonymous said...

Dear Elizabeth,

I have been seeking blogs to visit and yours is truly a beautiful and creative place to visit.

Hasi

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...