Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Stephanie's swap.


I took part, again, in the cup and mug swap organised by Stephanie at The Enchanting Rose. It's a very pleasant swap, and I have enjoyed writing to and hearing from both my partners.
(You send to one person, and a different one sends to you)

This beautiful mug, with its little hat, came all the way from Kansas, sent by Allison who doesn't have a blog.
Such a pretty bird. I'm told it is a Blue Wren,which we don't have here.



With it came some lovely little parcels, chosen with care.
The scent of coffee wafted by as I opened the box, and there was a very generous bag of specially mixed ground coffee, to drink in my special mug, of course.



So many delightful things to discover...sent with a beautiful card also.
A pretty Tea towel, the coffee, and some lovely patchwork squares which I have designs upon. There was also a piece of fabric , covered in sunflowers with information about Kansas. I had no idea that the sunflower was the Kansas flower, and it reminded me so much of the golden fields we used to see in France, full of sunflowers.

One sweet little blue and white dish must have had a bump in the mail, but I have managed to glue it with strong glue and it sits prettily on my kitchen display shelf.

Thank you Allison for such a generous and thoughtful parcel.
Thank also to Stephanie who had over 200 ladies taking part, such a lot of organisation.

28 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Very thoughtful gifts!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

What a lovely swap, your new little cup and lid are rather sweet xx

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I feel a tickle of the joy you must of felt when you unwrapped your lovely parcel. Especially the fabric pieces for which you have designs. :)

Wishing you a beautiful day...
Brenda

Simple Living said...

What a wonderful swap, I love doing swaps, I did do an Easter one last year with two people, but one sadly didn't send me anything in return.

Connie said...

What a lovely exchange and your cup is delightful :)

elizabeth said...

how lovely!!! that's so nice!!! I did not know that about Kansas either! That mug with cap is so darling! Fun to think of what beauty you can make out of the fabric!!!

Anonymous said...

Your new mug is lovely and the sunflower fabric is delightful. Nothing smells better than fresh coffee! I participated in the exchange a few years back and it was fun. Enjoy your pretties.

ellen b. said...

Lovely mug and goodies, too. 200 participants! Wow. Hope your week is going well.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, so cute! I didn't take part this time but I love to see what everyone swaps!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

How wonderful that you got such a lovely and thoughtful gift, complete with Kansas fabric too! Love the blue wren mug, it is darling! Enjoy all your wonderful goodies :)

Carolien said...

Lovely and have a good day!

Love, Carolien

Cheryl said...

What fun to receive such lovely gifts across the miles! Enjoy your treats!

Elderberry-Rob said...

that was a big and popular swap, lovely gifts. The little wren is pretty.

Stephanie said...

My dear, sweet Barbara, it was a joy to my heart to see this post. My, what loveliness from Allison! Isn't she a sweetheart! The mug is simply precious with the bird and oh, the fabric is ever so fun! I know you will make something beautiful and special.

Thanks for joining the fun again, sweet friend. Have a blessed weekend. Much love!

Kathleen Grace said...

Absolutely lovely! What fun to be part of meeting new friends and sending little gifts to make your day happy. It reminds me of the old days of blogging. Maybe it's time to bring that idea back :) Have a lovely day Barbara!

Anne Payne said...

Barbara, Your package of delights is gorgeous!!! I love your mug with the cap. I received one in the last exchange and really enjoy how it keeps my tea or coffee warmer longer. Such a beautiful selection of gifts from Allison! Love & hugs xoxo

Debbie Harris said...

Hi Barbara~ such a beautiful package you have received. I love the idea of the hat on the mug to keep your drink warmer and the blue bird is delightful.
So nice to stop in for a visit with you. I trust all is well with you and your husband~

Debbie Harris said...

Hi Barbara~ such a beautiful package you have received. I love the idea of the hat on the mug to keep your drink warmer and the blue bird is delightful.
So nice to stop in for a visit with you. I trust all is well with you and your husband~

Debbie Harris said...

Hi Barbara~ such a beautiful package you have received. I love the idea of the hat on the mug to keep your drink warmer and the blue bird is delightful.
So nice to stop in for a visit with you. I trust all is well with you and your husband~

Trisha said...

I love the reveal and getting to see what everyone gave and received!

~Trisha

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

An adorable mug and sweet goodies that accompanied it to you.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I love those kinds of mugs with the lid - I use them especially when I'm sitting outside on those chillier mornings and love that they keep my coffee and tea warm longer. Such pretty, thoughtful gifts!

Linda Walker said...

Your mug is lovely and I love that pretty blue and white dish!!! coffee does smell so good doesn't it!!! Enjoy your treasures!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Shellie Almond said...

I truly enjoyed getting to see what you received ! Everything was beautiful! This exchange has been so much fun and blessing ! Hope you have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty and fun package! I love birds, so this really made me smile. :)

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW- Kansas to Cornwall is a very long way.

Your treasures are lovely - so sorry you had a breakage, but sounds like you fixed it up well.

These swaps sure are fun, aren't they!?

Stephanie is a blessing to us all.

Margie said...

What a charming package! I love how the exchanges bring together tea lovers from around the world.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...