This lovely Pulsatilla has developed over the last three years into a nice round clump. I put it in as a tiny plant.
It's known as the Pasque Flower, or the Easter flower,
because it comes into flower round about Easter (Paschal) time.
There is a white version and also a purple.
This deep red seems to glow in the sun.
It brings hope of the new season.
20 comments:
What a beautiful little flower, with a lovely name
Beautiful.
Such lovely blooms :)
Elisabethd, that is so lovely. I'm a fan of red and this is such a cheery flower with the yellow center!
I have one the same colour, it is a beauty.
Oh I would love to have one of those beautiful plants in my garden and just that fact that it brings hope for the new season, that is joy in and of itself.
Thank you for sharing the beauty with us.
Easter Blessings to you, dear lady~
How beautiful, especially as you've been able to watch it grow from a small plant xx
Oh, how lovely! I've never seen one!
I've not seen these flowers before. Simply lovely!
This is a new to me flower, and so pretty. How lovely to have flowers special for Easter, such a rich-with-meaning time of year.
Beautiful. I'll have to see if they grow in my zone.
What a wonderful plant!
Have a good day & love, Carolien
A beautiful, beautiful flower indeed :0) have a wonderful blessed Week! mari
What a lovely flower Barbara! I love that you explained the name of it. I don't know if we have it here, but I will check. Would love to have it in our garden. Thanks for posting!
How amazing that this plant blooms on Easter, it is gorgeous! I have never heard of it! Thank you for sharing the details on it. So beautiful! Blessings and hugs to you dear friend!
The flowers are gorgeous, I wish I had some of those in my garden. Have a wonderful day!
What a beautiful flower!! I am a fan of red, so these call my name.
A blessed Easter to you!
That's really pretty! I re-potted several house plants today that had outgrown their pots. I desperately need some color on my porch but I will wait a couple more weeks until there is NO chance of frost. :)
Lovely! I have never heard of these but they are beautiful!
Post a Comment