Picked from my garden this morning, featuring
Peace (in the centre), Zephirine Drouhin, The Shepherdess, St Swithin , Golden Gate and Alnwick.
Such a joy.
Not so joyous is this molehill on my lawn.
Lots of advice from people includes, pouring Castor oil down the hole, mothballs, and pieces of chewing gum...not sure what good that would be except maybe to stick its paws together?
The problem with growing up with animals in literature, ie Moldy Warp, means that there is no way one can kill a little furry creature.
That's not quite my husband's view, but it's my mole.
I'm going to try mothballs first.
Another rose, lovely frilly dusty pink.
I will be taking a break now for a little while.

26 comments:
lovely roses. We have a mole problem too, let me know how the mothballs work!
Love.
Beautiful roses. I love the Peace rose.
Good luck with the moles. Ezra has been my only help.
:-)
What a beautiful rose bouquet!!
I hold your view on the little critters. I prefer to just run them off, not kill them. I think of Mole in The Wind in the Willows.
Beautiful roses!
I hope you get your mole problem solved, they can be very destructive in the garden. Enjoy your break.
Prayers for Manchester.
Maybe the little mole gets so busy chewing gum and blowing bubbles that he leave your garden alone, LOL.
We were plagued with moles in France and nothing anyone did made a dot of difference. You can however use the soil they toss up as potting for plants and make a plus out of a minus! Love the roses.
I was told that if you get one of those cheap musical birthday cards and push it into the ground, the awful noise sends the moles scurrying away. No idea if this works, but the concept made me smile!
Enjoy your break, Barbara. Such beautiful roses would make me smile when I caught a glimpse of them throughout the day. I have no idea what to do about moles. Hope you find a solution.
Just as I am finding my way back to blog land, you will be on break. I hope you enjoy yourself and do something really fun. Your roses are beautiful. I am waiting for ours, but they suffered a major set back with a freezing last week. They will come out of it. You need a Boone dog to run off the mole! We have voles here in the pasture and Boone's favorite thing to do is to catch the voles. We don't have them in the yard. I guess they know better. Enjoy your time off.
Your roses are stunning! I love roses, but haven't had much success in growing roses at my home. Perhaps I will have to give another variety a try.
Beautiful roses! Have a good and restful break! ♡
I hope the mothballs work. I know what you mean about killing little creatures (snakes and spiders aside!) Your roses are just beautiful!
Ha! Those cute little moles have a way of irritating a Gardner,I know because we get them just about every year making tunnels throughout our yard.
I've tried all the things you have mentioned here but to no avail. They say the chewing gum causes their stomach to bloat.
Your bouquet from your garden is gorgeous!
Enjoy your time away~~
Such a lovely bouquet from your garden. I know what you mean about enjoying critter stories. At least Brian Jacques has evil critters along with noble critters. I hope you can solve the problem.
Beautiful roses, Elizabeth. I'm sorry to hear about your moles. We have them from time to time. I'd never heard of chewing gum. Do you just pop it in or do your chew it first?
Gorgeous roses Barbara! I would not be able to remember all their names, you do a great job at that! As for moles, the first year I gardened in our home here, I had a ton of moles. A neighbor told me she had tried everything and nothing worked. Then she picked up a little gadget at the hardware store. You bury it in the ground, close to their holes, and whenever they dig, the gadget makes a predator noise, and the moles eventually leave because they feel unsafe. I tried it, and it worked for me too. I don't remember what the name of it was, or if you could even get it there. Just a thought of something that has worked for me. Hugs to you, I'll be keeping you and your husband in my prayers in this transition!
It's frustrating when little critters make a mess. Hopefully, you'll find something that works.
Your Roses are gorgeous, Barbara!!! I have two bushes on the side of my porch. A frind said they aren't Knockouts like I thought but they aren't Tea either. Hmmmm... I only know I want more in our yard as they have lots of blossoms and are a soft pink in color. Moles are a pain and I really don't know how to get them to 'move along'. Our yard in NC is riddled with them. Love you much and pray for you and your husband!
Your roses are beautiful. Hope you can get the mole to move on.
Have a good break, dear Barbara! Your roses are lovely ... I couldn't kill a mole either. 'Wind in the willows' thing etc. :)
Love, Carolien
Hello there old friend! I do hope you enjoy a lovely break, and I hope we can catch up with each other again soon. I'm blogging again, over at myquiethome.blogspot.co.uk. Love, Tina xx
Enjoy your time away sweet lady :0) mari
Lovely roses, oh my!
My mom had her own mole stories when we lived on the farm growing up. It was a never ending battle as new holes popped up in the sorta lawn, sorta hayfield almost daily during the summertime.
Enjoy your time away... hope your days are filled with many sweet and pleasant experiences.
Brenda xox
Those roses are perfect! I have mols as well and don't want to kill them, so I bought a device that creates ultra sounds and lure them away.
Be back soon!
Aw! I don't have that Alison Uttley book! It looks cute. I hope the mole goes elsewhere.
Post a Comment