A friend sent me this magazine which is full of ideas, but not ones that I have time for. With it came some free gifts, a decoupage set and a stencil set.
I wonder if anyone would like to have it? (Click to have a closer look)
Sadly it will have to be limited to UK only, due to postage costs.
I'm afraid the intense heat has made me very lethargic, and apart from frantically watering the tomatoes, little else has been done this last fortnight.
A few Summer garden photos;
Isn't this (above) a pretty Cosmos?It's from Sarah Raven's collection.
Lovely Clematis twining over Zephirine Drouhin rose.
The scent of these Nicotiana drifts through the garden in the evenings. It is a pretty pop of white amongst the Delphiniums and Cosmos.
Parasol shading the Sun room. Isn't it odd that one never notices the odd watering can flung on the lawn whilst taking a photo.
I'm sure a stylist would have sorted it out!
17 comments:
Your garden is looking gorgeous, I would love to get some Cosmos they are so pretty, but then I say that about most flowers. I would love to enter your giveaway, I was going to stop card making but have continued, I also last year made my first decoupage project, so I would make good use of it. Have a good weekend.
Ha ha! I know what you mean about random things photo bombing our photos! I notice how untidy I am!
I hope the heat lifts soon!
Your garden looks absolutely wonderful! I'd make very good use of the magazine so please include me in your draw.
Hope all is well with you.
Your garden looks like it's enjoying the heat. It's just lovely.
Enjoy your weekend.
Oh my, what heat. Vancouver/Victoria are in for a very hot weekend, but we are in Alberta with Tim's mum in hospital, and it's fairly cool here.
(I'm not entering the draw - just commenting)
What a pleasant stroll through your garden, Barbara. I love the Cosmos (and think Sarah Raven is so clever). Not only Zéphirine Drouhin is living in our garden (twice) but also that Nicotiana is in many pots, self seeded mostly and because the pots are stored frost free, it survives. Here too, by far too hot and dry but now a cool breeze dropped the temperatures thankfully.
Haha, chuckling about the watering can. We are having some heat here, too. Lovely blooms.
Beautiful things there in your garden!
So funny about the watering can! :) I sometimes take pictures to help me know what to do with a space. Photos often reveal what the naked eye does not.
I managed to get 3 cosmos today for just £2.00 at the car boot sale.
Having had my own break from blogging, I am just now beginning to get caught up with visiting wonderful places like your site.
I am glad that your husband is back home and that you all each had some recent travels, and can now do your own catching up.
When I saw your report of visiting Ludlow it was a treat to see the photo of the Feathers, where I stayed for a few nights a few years ago. I felt like I was entering into an Agatha Christie story's setting! Eavesdropping in the visitors' lounge as I worked on some knitting...
A blogger and Instagram pal of mine, Helen Philipps, contributes regularly to Crafts Beautiful. The winner of your giveaway will find lots of inspiration. I regularly promise Helen that she will eventually learn that I have begun quilting, after her inspiration.
xo
Giveaways are everything, and your garden looks really nice and colourful. Warm greetings to you and best wishes!
Oh Barbara...what a lovely garden, and so is the watering can ;D mari
So sorry to hear about the awful heat you've been having, hope your tomatoes survive! Had to laugh about the photo "bomb" watering can, that happens to all of us I think! It is hard to feel motivated in such heat, for sure. Hope it lifts soon!
Dear Barbara,
Your flowers are wonderful! That cosmos is beautiful indeed.
I like that watering can very much, think it's very stylish ;)
There's an envelope directed to Cornwall, by the way ...
Have a good day! Love Carolien
Deanna sent me here and I am very happy to know some more flower names...cosmos is a name I keep forgetting and I don't recall ever knowing Nicotiana.
What a lovely garden...watering cans and all! I am visiting from Deanna, congratulations on your win! I hope the heat calms down a bit. We have not had it here yet, but when it shows up, I too shut down. :)
I love your garden photos!
Post a Comment