to my lovely friends who have prayed for me, sent me messages and just been there in spirit for me. We may never meet but I have felt your care from afar.
It's been a hard time and I am still on antibiotics as the infection hasn't quite left my lungs.
My darling husband has had to go into Nursing home care for a couple of weeks as I was not well enough to look after him.
But how blessed I am to have a family that cares. Daughter flew in from Canada for a week to help.
Son and two daughters in law, grand-daughter and friends have all visited my husband and made sure he was settled in.
What a start to the New year!
Things can only improve now, and I hope to be back on line in th near future.

20 comments:
Such a blessing to have family and friends rally around and help. Praying you heal completely soon.
I’m glad to hear from you. I will continue to pray. Glad that you have a good care place for your husband during this time and that your family has been visiting him and you.
I'm so sorry you have been so poorly Barbara - thankful knowing your family have helped out and that your hubby is being well cared for while you recuperate.
Be well soon - hopefully the new year can only get better.
Hang in there.
With hugs and good wishes to you both - Mary
I'm glad you posted, Barbara. I've wondered how you were doing, and prayed for you. I'm glad you have such good support around you, and a daughter able to fly over from Vancouver.
I hope you heal well, and recover your energy as winter progresses.
It is so food to hear from you, Barbara. What a time you've had! I am so glad for you that family members were able to rally round and support you. I hope that things really start to look up!
Oh dear....that auto-complete is the bane of my existence! Not food, but good!
So glad to hear you are now on the mend and too that you have had such wonderful support. Take care and get totally well soon.
Hello dear friend,
I am happy to hear you are on the mend. How wonderful your children were there for both of you. Take care, dear Elizabeth, with love and prayers from my side.
Hugs Carolien
Good to hear from you and learn that you are progressing. I continue to pray as the Lord brings you to mind . . .
I'm thankful you are doing better and that you had some help. Praying that you continue to get a bit better each day.
I am so glad that you are at least well enough to update us. I wondered about your husband. Also thankful that your daughter was able to travel to be with you. Praying for continued improvement.
Hi! I do hope you get back to feeling normal soon and that your dear hubby gets to come back home. Nancy
Glad you are getting better. Much love. L.x.
Hope you are on the mend and it's good to know our daughter was able to come all that way and help out and that hubby has been well cared for while you were out of action.
My dear friend, I am so sorry to learn you have not been feeling well. I truly hope you are on the mend and feeling like your wonderful sweet self.
Thinking of you and sending lots of love your way!
Glad there is progress and that you are feeling better. We pray for continued grace and health to your body, and comfort and company for your husband as you recover.
Many blessings and a big hug,
Brenda xox
I'm so thankful to hear that you are feeling better dear Barbara, and how glad my heart was to hear that your daughter came to visit you for a week, I'm sure that must have been such a blessing to have her care for you! And that your husband is able to be cared for in the nursing home while you get well. Hoping that spring comes early to your world, that is always a cheerful thing after the long winter :) Prayers will continue for you to get fully better! Hugs to you today :)
Hello Barbara. Such a long time since we 'spoke'. I didn't seem to be getting notification of your comments on my blog but I found them on the Comments Moderation page - just by chance!
I'm sorry to hear you have been so ill and I hope you are on the mend now. It takes such a long time to recover now we are old, doesn't it.
I had the proper flu over over Christmas and the New Year but, unlike you, had no-one to care for me.:-( I am only just recovered and we are three weeks into January! Never had it before and hope to never have it again!
Oh Sweet Friend... I have been away from the blogging world, and have now read your post! :/ feel better and rest. Lots and lots of rest. Don't worry about your husband since he is well taken care off. Just focus on yourself for now. Oh Barbara, I do wish I was closer... but I know that you will get better. Prayers are with you dear friend ...
I hope you're finding calm and rest, and everyone is feeling rejuvenated after the new year. Sending more prayers to you!
Post a Comment