Friday, 25 May 2018

Summer is on its way.




I have just one Peony, planted a couple of years ago. Last year the only bloom was savaged by a bug.
This year there are five buds!
I'm so pleased. It's one of those beautiful pink frilly ones, so I do hope that the flowers will be all they should be.
I wait. Anxiously.

There is a definite feel of the coming of Summer now.
This pretty Clematis is doing well, and I so wish I could remember the name.

My terra cotta pots, bought so many years ago in France, are beginning to fill up with Geraniums, Petunias and trailing Verbena.
This is going to mean lots of watering, so all my dish washing water goes out to the garden.

The first rose is always Zephirine Drouhin, thornless and sweet smelling.

Not far behind is Darcy Bussell, dancing her way across the garden. She is a beauty, petals like velvet and again a lovely scent.

Summer is beginning, and there will be more treasures to be found.

16 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

Peonies are so beautiful, you are lucky to have them growing, they won't grow for me!

Anne Payne said...

I keep saying I want to plant a Peony. I think they are truly one of the most beautiful flowers God made. I spend quite a bit of time watering all the plants outside too. And then I can't even count how many indoor ones I have. I might be getting a little overloaded with them! :-)
Have a blessed weekend, my friend. {{hugs}}

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That clemetis is beautiful. I am very happy for you about your peonies! I'd have been heartbroken to lose the only bud! Your roses are lovely. My favorite thing about summer is the flowers the bloom!

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Oh, don't you just love summer and all the beauty of flowers! I love peonies but don't have any. Wonder if I could fit one in anywhere! Your Clematis is pretty. Hope ours grow. your terra cotta pots are nice. Have a good Memorial Day! Nancy

Sarah said...

Your flowers are stunning! I have planted geraniums and petunias in pots this year too. Your terracotta pots are lovely, and how neat to think they came from France!

Sylvia said...

Enjoyed all your flowers. Spring is here!

Pom Pom said...

Pretty! Your pots are lovely. I must focus on pots next week. I have to buy potting soil.
Yay for that lovely peony. I love them, too.
Enjoy the sunshine and bird song!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful! I do not have a peony, but I sure do love them. I will continue to blog on blogger in addition to facebook, so you and I can still visit one another.
Have a blessed day.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

I love roses, your Darcy Bussell one in particular looks rather stunning. We have a rambler and a climber, but I can't remember their names xx

Cheryl said...

You have lots of pretties in your garden! Peonies are delightful, aren't they? You must be excited that they have multiplied this year!

bristowmom said...

I didntd realize it was okay to use dishwater for watering flowers. I would have thought the soap would harm them. I've learned something new today!

Elizabethd said...

I use an organic soap, but I think all soaps work to kill greenfly, so the plants are not harmed..

Lorrie said...

How pleased you must be to see those peony buds. The clematis is a beautiful shade of blue, and I do not know the name. Enjoy this easing into summer with all of its loveliness.

bayou said...

Hello Barbara, your Clematis might be 'Multiblue'. Love peonies as well and am pleased that there are 2 flowering in Wales right now. Also, as we are moving in August, I will be able to dig out the (many) peonies from here and give them a new home over in the Wild West. Enjoy your Cornish summer days, xxx

Net - "It's a Wonderful Movie" said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Summer (unofficially) is now in almost full bloom! I love all the amazing colors!!! :)

God's Blessings! Net

Jenny said...

Your containers are so beautiful!

I grow peonies. They're one of my favorite flowers. I like to pick every single bloom & enjoy them indoors. I wait for the buds to begin to open well then cut them. It's so fun to watch them finish opening inside. I stop to admire them often throughout the day.

I have the pink frilly ones but my favorite are my white ones. They have the most beautiful scent & just a little pink edging on the center petals with a yellow center.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...