Tuesday, 12 June 2018

Taking a break.





I'll be taking a break next week.
We will be going to the Blind Veterans Complex just outside Brighton.
It's such an amazing place, set up after the first World War for the benefit of visually impaired veterans.
Training and rehabilitation are a major factor of the Centre, and  many young people who have been in Afghanistan or Iraq have benefited from their rehabilitation here.
The centre has so many facilities, an IT suite, Craft workshops, gym, pool and sports facilities. Needless to say, I shall make the most of the indoor heated pool!
Our Brighton Centre

Holidays, respite care and nursing are all offered there.
The Centre faces the sea, is situated withing easy reach of Brighton and other towns. I shall be using my Bus pass to potter off, and hope to meet up with Betty, aka Wood Fairy, as I did last time.
It's wonderful that we can enjoy a holiday in this way, where everything is accessible and blindness is understood.


Roses, The Shepherdess, Graham Thomas, Dancing Queen, and Dr Jo in the centre. Mixed with a pretty little Orlaya flower.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that you both have such a wonderful opportunity. As you know, My mom was blind most of my life so I know what a blessing this is. The floral bouquet is so beautiful. xoxo

Elderberry-Rob said...

have a wonderful time, hope to meet up.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Enjoy your time away! It looks a lovely facility.

elizabeth said...

I am so glad you have this! Blindness is not easy and I am so glad you have a place to go with your Husband and that you can have a rest. I pray for safe travels, a refreshing time for both and for God's protection! And those flowers are so lovely!

Cheryl said...

Enjoy your break! What a wonderful opportunity for refreshment!

bristowmom said...

Looks and sounds like a wonderful place to have a break. I also would make use of the swimming pool. I find swimming very relaxing. Have a wonderful time, and give my best to Betty.

bayou said...

Wishing you a wonderful holiday and well deserved rest, to both of you.xxx

ellen b. said...

Blessings on your time away.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sounds dreamy! Enjoy!

Lorrie said...

Sounds like a treat and a necessity all in one. A bit of respite and a bit of pampering. Enjoy every minute, Barbara!

Lynn said...

I hope you have a restful break.
Much love & many thanks for the restful break you once gave me.
Lynn

Phoebes World said...

Have a fabulous time.. rest well and enjoy the pampering
Beautiful roses btw
Phoebe x

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

How wonderful that you can do this! Enjoy your time! Nancy

Tricia said...

Hello sweet friend. Enjoy your respite.

Rambler said...

Wishing you and Malcolm a relaxing holiday with some extra comforts. I hope you still have beautiful roses blooming when you return. xx

Anne Payne said...

I hope you have a refreshing holiday! It sounds like a wonderful place. SO glad the Lord has made this possible for so many. {{hugs}}

Sandra said...

Enjoy your break time. Beautiful roses!

Cheers , Sandra

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra said...


Enjoy your break time. Beautiful roses!

Cheers , Sandra

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...