And here they are.
Three little jars of Crab apple jelly, plus a tiny one and a spoonful to taste.
Next year, maybe more.
I should add that here in England, jelly means just that, and not jam.
Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...
21 comments:
they look lovely, nothing better than homemade :)
Yummmm!
Yum.
Extra nice as it’s from your own tree xx
We don't have a crab apple tree anymore but they are all over our neighborhood. I wish I could send you a box of them! Your jelly looks perfect.
My daughter has just given me a jar of rosehip jam, which she found in a European shop in London. Have you ever made that? I shall wait until I have tasted it to decide whether or not to make my own!
Never made it, but apprently it is good!
Crab Apple Jelly - a wonderful accompaniment to roast Pork, Lamb or even a ham sandwich. I think I now need to add some to my shopping list. Mmmmm . . . .
oh that is so lovely!!! so neat that you can enjoy, literally, the fruit of your labours! Nothing like a good jam or jelly esp. in the winter months! (Though I love them in all months!)
How lovely they look. Is jelly something else in other countries? Jam has the whole fruit, jelly is strained juice, is it not?
Just think how good this will taste!
Crab apple jelly is so delicious. And your three jars look ready to grace someone's breakfast table. I can almost taste it!
Yum! I think small batch canning is the best. It's not nearly as much work & you get to enjoy such good food.
You’re going to enjoy that jelly!
Nice!
Oh this looks delicious! There is just nothing like homemade jelly! The jars look so pretty and that little one is just too precious! Enjoy my friend!
Now that we have our little place in the country and I am able to grow some of our food for the year. It amazes me how one year I'll get a bumper crop and the next year the same thing doesn't do that well. There are so many things that can happen with the weather, the soil insects, etc. each year.
Your jelly will be wonderful this winter spread on hot buns.
Elizabeth, even though your harvest was small, I am sure that every bit of it will be gloriously delicious! I'm back to blogging again and your newest follower!
How lovely to eat your own crab apple jelly! Enjoy! And the rose you showed us is beautiful, very special!
Love, Carolien
Elizabeth, Love the term school refusers! :-)
I will write another homeschooling post soon and address your thoughts. I think it will be easier to write another post about it as others may have the same thoughts as well. I'm happy to do so.
Looks good!! Our son's neighbor has about three crab apple trees that need to be picked now, and they've offered the apples to our son. I hope they'll make some jelly!
I would love to visit England! I prefer jelly over jam.
Post a Comment