Tonight our Church has a Candlelit Carol service.
A very kind member had offered to drive us there, as I dont drive in the dark now.
Sadly, the day has proved too much for my husband, with visitors this morning. So we are having to cancel our Carols.
It often happens, and we just make the most of it.
I have a new CD of John Rutter's Carol arrangements, so we will sit by our own candlight and enjoy beautiful music.
There is still much to be thankful for.

15 comments:
Oh yes, you are kind to hear your husband when he says that he's too tired for an evening event.
I bet your fireside carol time was wonderful.
I really wish I could drop by for a mince pie and a cup of tea. I wouldn't stay too long. Sending love your way.
I too would love to sit by the fire with Pompom and both of you, listening to The Shepherds Pipe Carol, and enjoying the sweet music and good fellowship. I shall be thinking of you this evening when I am at church. God bless you and surround you with his peace xx
I'm going out shortly to take a carol service in a sweet little church where there is no electricity so there will be candlelight. I'll be thinking of you and anyone else who is unable to get to a service but who would dearly love to be there.
The music and singing and listening are amongst my favorite things about Christmas traditions.
I'm sorry you're missing the service, but how lovely to be at home together with candles and music.
I'm sorry you had to miss the service, but I do like your alternative plan as well.
A great way to enjoy carols at home.
You are so accommodating and gracious, always looking for the best in situations. May you be blessed as you enjoy the lovely music of carols in your home.
Oh I am sorry you had to miss your carols & candlelight. We've been through that many times. My husband was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at age 36. So we've had to miss a lot of these kinds of things as well. I hope you'll be able to still find sweet ways to fill your time at home.
We are praying for you both dear one!!! It is so difficult now and I think you did the right thing by staying home and very wise to listen to music and light candles at home. Chin up, Christ is with you and your beloved and you are very much loved!!!
You are a true giver. I like how you still did what you could, and that makes life special for your husband as well.
Enjoying quiet company, carols and candlelight at home can be lovely too. Sending warm wishes to you and your husband for a wonderful Christmas and many blessings in the New Year as well.
I like the way you take things in your stride. And how you make the most of what you have. It's good to appreciate what you have while you have it. Enjoy your husbands company while you can. best wishes to you
Making the most of things seems to go with age. Steve and I are much the same. Our Christmas this year is quiet and just the two of us, and if we don't recoup from this flu soon, we'll not be going to church or anywhere. Sharing our germs is not the gift we want to shred to family and friends.
We'll just enjoy the tree and watch old Christmas movies on the TV.
Merry Christmas, sweet friend.
Connie :)
Oh thats a shame I expect you would both have been looking forward to being amongst other people, but you made the most of what you had and made the day into something special for yourselves. I hope there will be other opportunities over Christmas and New Year for you both to join in with your community. Befty x
Post a Comment