Thursday, 24 January 2019

Coming home


It's wonderful to know that my husband can come home this week.
This is what has moved in with us.
It's a hoist, to be used when mobility is just not there.
In fact, we have twins, as there is another one in the sitting room.
We feel a bit like a small hospital now, but it is all to help the carers in their work

More attractively,  also in the sitting room, is this lovely vase of flowers, given to me this week.

It's a new chapter and there will be adaptations, I know.
But we will 'rise above it' as my Girl Guide leader used to say.
Again, I thank you for the warmth of your kind comments and messages.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Barbara, the equipment is truly a blessing from Our Lord. Here we have them also, and yes it does tend to feel as if they are taking over our small space, but when we see how they are able to manage with them,... my heart settles and my heart rejoices.. filled with gratitude that the equipment exists to help our loved ones!
Rejoicing with you dear friend...

Sandi said...

That is probably one of the best inventions ever...

Rambler said...

So good to hear that Malcolm will be able to come home to you this week, Barbara. Although the hoist will seem out of place in your lovely home, it will at least enable the carers to attend to M without causing him (and you) the worry of falling. xx

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled that your dear husband can come home. Such an amazing piece of equipment.

Astrids dragon said...

Great news on your DH coming home! To have two hoists to help, what a blessing.

Lynn said...

Happy homecoming. Sending all good wishes as you begin your new chapter. xx

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Hi Elizabeth, I didn't realize your hubby was in the hospital. So glad for you that he can come home. Who cares about the extra equipment as long as you can be together! The flowers are pretty! Enjoy! Nancy

Lorrie said...

I'm so glad those pieces of equipment will allow your husband to be at home with you - that's so much better than in a home or hospital and being apart. Lovely flowers.

bristowmom said...

So glad you will have carers to help. I doubt I would know how to use the hoists! More lovely flowers!

Elderberry-Rob said...

So glad hubby is able to come home, the hoist will make life so much easier for you all. Thinking of you.

Mary said...

Thankful to know M will be home again and that the carers, and probably you too, have the assistance of those great inventions. My thoughts are with with you and I hope better days are ahead.
With love, Mary

Karen said...

I am so glad you have the hoist. It was hard on me to constantly lift my young son who was disabled, so I know it would be hard for you to assist your husband. I am thankful that he is coming home!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

It will be blessing to have it. Your flowers are lovely and a much prettier thing to look at!

Connie said...

I think it is wonderful that there are ways like this to be able to had your husband back home. I know that life will be different now, but so much better than going to hospital to visit. There is no place as comfortable as home :)
God bless you both.
Connie :)

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, I am so glad that your husband will be home soon. Oh what joy it will be to have him near again. Praying all goes well!

Debbie Harris said...

Happy to hear that your husband will be returning home soon.
The devices they have now are just amazing and will certainly make things much easier on your husband, you and the care givers.
Your flower arrangement is gorgeous!
Take care ~ be blessed ~ and know that you are being remembered in prayer ❤

Angela said...

That's wonderful that your husband is coming home. I hope everything goes well.
The flowers are beautiful!

Sarah said...

I am so glad that he is coming home, Elizabeth! And that you have devices to help make life at home easier for you both. I am continuing to pray for him and you!

What lovely flowers to bring brightness and cheer!

Terri said...

I’m so glad he is coming home and you have equipment to make things easier!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...