Tuesday, 8 January 2019

Hospital days


Well, with the new year there always seems to come some problem or another. My husband was taken into our local hospital yesterday with a suspected fracture of the hip.
Thankfully the Xray showed that it was not a break, but possibly hip bones crunching together. We are not yet sure and there are more tests to be had.
A somewhat desperate Dr told me that there was a 12 hour wait for a bed, the hospital was overflowing, and that he might have to spend the night on a trolley.
Our hospital is overstretched, but the staff are kind and caring.
I am visiting this afternoon, with my daughter ,who having been in the medical profession is so good at cutting through red tape, and we will see the Occupational therapist for some advice. 
As he cannot weight-bear at the moment they feel it is unsafe for him to be at home, so he may transfer to a small Community hospital where there will be some physiotherapy built in.

Life was never going to be like this.
I'm thankful we did so much when we were able.
Your prayers would be so appreciated, thank you.

34 comments:

Angela said...

Just read this - my heart goes out to you all. I am so glad your daughter is there with you to help and support Praying for you all tonight. My friend Sue (who delivered the parcel last year) asked me at the weekend how you were getting on. Please be assured that your many friends are praying for you. Much love x x Hang on to the promises of Isaiah 43

Elizabethd said...

Thank you Anglea, I do appreciate your care.

Debbie Harris said...

I'm so sorry to hear of the troubles you and your husband are facing at the moment.
You are blessed with having your daughter close and who is willing and able to step in for you as an advocate.
I will certainly hold this matter up in prayer and trust the Lord will carry you through.

Bless you♡

Elizabethd said...

Thank you Debbie, you are so kind.

Frugally challenged said...

That sounds so worrying for you. You are both in your prayers - as are the over-stretched hospital staff.

Jenny said...

Oh Barbara....

I know exactly what you are going through! I am praying right now and will continue to pray for you both! I am so glad your daughter is there with you! I know what you mean when you say life wasn’t supposed to be like this....hang on to those memories my friend and just keep cherishing those small moments ❤️❤️ Sending hugs and love your way!

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear of your husband's hip injury. You both will be in my prayers!
Philippians 4:19

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Thinking of you and praying. We never know what will come our way but we know the ONE who knows!

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear this, Elizabeth! I have been thinking of you and praying for you both, and now know what specifically to be praying for. I am praying for healing and also for God's comfort and peace for you both!

Lorrie said...

I am so sorry to read of your husband's injury, Barbara, and very glad that your daughter is now there and able to advocate in the system for you. Life gives unexpected turns and events, that's for certain. May you find peace in knowing that God is ever faithful and you are both in His loving care. Prayers and hugs.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Barbara. May God bring healing and comfort to both you and your husband. xo

ellen b. said...

Sorry to hear this. Hope a bed becomes available. Praying for you all.

Visits With Mary said...

So sorry to hear this about your hubby. Pray all goes well and he has a speedy recovery.

elizabeth said...

oh dear one! I am so very sorry!!!! Will be praying esp for you and your Husband! love to you, a big hug and my prayers!

Cheryl said...

So sorry to read of this most recent difficulty for you and your husband! Indeed, we cannot know what is ahead, and I think that is a mercy. I watched a short message by John Courson a few days ago. Even though Mr. Courson has endured a lot of tragedy in his lifetime (even now, his son is dying of cancer), his words were encouraging and faith-building. I'll try to leave the link here, in case you'd be interested in viewing it yourself. (It is only about 15 minutes long.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI13nGRTMTs&feature=player_embedded&fbclid=IwAR0Fkm8eFQBMvX0M7Qtbzw1tuQGVbDtuBnvnUEiwRZCl-uo1pwVZBtP58yo

Sara said...

I'll be praying. May God give you and your husband strength and His all-powerful grace.

bayou said...

Dear Barbara, sending boatloads of good wishes. I so hope that your dear husband is going to recover quickly. How good to have your daughter next to you now. Je t'embrasse bien fort, xxx

mamasmercantile said...

So sorry to hear about your Husbands injury, he will be in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself.

Elizabethd said...

Thank you all so much for your kind comments.

Connie said...

Dear Sweet Elizabeth, I am adding you and your husband to my prayers.
God bless you both,
Connie :)

Anonymous said...

And you have them my dear friend ... remember that Our Father is with you through it all. Rest in Him ...

Mary said...

You and your dearest are definitely in our thoughts here Barbara - hoping so much he will rally quickly, and so thankful you now have your daughter nearby as that will be such a great help to you dear.
You're all in our prayers.
Hugs - Mary

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Sending prayers and healing hugs for you both & your family. Stay strong

Carolien said...

Dear Barbara,

My thoughts and prayers are with Malcolm and you! All the best! I hope they can find a solution soon.

Big hugs, Carolien

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Oh dear friend, I'm so sorry to hear of the health troubles that your husband is enduring through! Praying that somehow the right help can be found for him! Certainly no one wants to face these kinds of issues at all! You both will be in my prayers! Praying that with your daughter's help that you can get some answers!

Terri said...

I’m sorry you are going through this, Barbara. Praying for your husband and you!

bristowmom said...

I will join the others in praying for you and your husband. You sound quite down, which is natural. Praying that God will comfort you and give you peace, that the doctors will pinpoint the problem and that your husband will be better soon.

French Nanny said...

You're having a trying time, Barbara. I hope things get better soon. At least you don't have voles!

Nancy's Notes said...

I'm so sorry this is going on in your life right now. Praying for your husband and for you.

Lynn said...

Thinking of you x

Elderberry-Rob said...

Will be thinking of you and say a prayer x

Rambler said...

Oh dear Barabara. So sorry not to have seen this before now and I do hope by now that Malcolm is feeling more comfortable after his accident - maybe even home. But unfortunately it's the shockof falling that hits us more as we get older - I myself fell last Thursday, in home and it took me an age to get back on my feet. Still feeling shaky now- but I have some very pretty bruises to show! Very best wishes for Malcolm's recovery and a gentle hug for you (((((hug))))) xx

Anne Payne said...

I am so sorry, Barbara!! I just now saw this and will add you and your husband to my prayers. It is so hard when someone we love and care for deeply is incapacitated like this. It is a helpless feeling but knowing you are there with him and loving him through this is a great comfort to him and your family. Bless you, sweet friend, and know you are being lifted up.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...