Monday, 22 April 2019

Spring growth.


My Clematis montana has travelled off the fence and is exploring the shed, covering up a window and part of the roof. It's very happy.


How I love the Cherry blossom. I wait each year, and each year it seems to flower more profusely. It just gets better.

In reality the Camassia is a deeper blue, but my camera doesnt catch nuances.

This cushion is the Pasque flower which travelled from France with us. It doesn't know when to stop growing!
More Camassia, just in case you hadn't seen enough.
This is such a lovely time of year, when things are giving back, benefiting from all the care, feeding, manuring and watering they have received over the seasons.

13 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Your pink Clematis Montana is amazing! Mine is not blooming yet but has buds. I also admired your red Pasque flower. I have a purple one that does well but my red one is not thriving. This certainly is a lovely time of the year!!

Angela said...

I think the Pasque flower is lively. I recently learned that the name comes from 'pasakh', the Hebrew word for Passover, as it flowers at this time of year.

elizabeth said...

these are all so beautiful!! what a refreshing restorative garden you have created!! <3

Lorrie said...

The camassia is almost ready to bloom here in its native habitat in the woods. It's such a pretty plant and I'm glad you can enjoy it, too. You are so right about all the lovely things that are blooming just now. So much to enjoy.

Cheryl said...

So many pretty things to see in your world!!

ellen b. said...

Wow! Things are really blooming in your corner of the world. Beautiful!

Terri said...

Beautiful! We have snow showers today and are about 6 weeks behind you in our blooming. I can't wait!

Mary said...

. . . . . .I used to have a wonderful Montana on my mailbox, at the bottom of the drive, grew huge for several years, then caught some blight which killed it all the way back to the ground! People used to stop and admire it.

Your garden is looking lovely dear, and I'm getting antsy now knowing May is almost here!!!!!

Pom Pom said...

Wow! I'd love a stroll through your gorgeous garden!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Your garden is full of glorious blooms Barbara! I just love seeing the blooms you have in your garden this time of year! I wish my clematis would grow like yours, what an amazing thing to see!

bristowmom said...

So many beautiful blooms in your garden! I hope you get time each day to admire them.

Anne Payne said...

So much beauty!!! I'm enjoying seeing all the flora bloom here at my home too. {{hugs}}

Elderberry-Rob said...

Youfpr garden has so much to see, i love cherry blossom.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...