Packing.
Making lists.
Sewing nametapes on my husband's clothes.
Panicking, gently.....
It's always a big endeavour getting ready for a respite holiday. So many things have to be remembered, medication, clothing, coats, hats, glasses....
The photo below shows the Blind Veterans Centre, lying just outside Brighton, and overlooking the sea.
There are around 90 bedrooms, with almost one to one Care staff, who are just wonderful.
My husband will spend some time in the workshops which offer woodwork, soapstone carving, crafts of all kinds.
But I will swim in their beautiful heated pool!

This pretty garden was brought from Hampton Court Palace Show last year, where it was designed specifically for BVA , winning a Gold medal.
I think by this year it will have grown up a lot more.
Hoping for a bit of sun, a bit of exploring Brighton, a meeting with Betty (Wood Fairy) and a visit to the Pavilion.
I'll see you in a couple of weeks time.


15 comments:
I hope that you have a wonderfully refreshing time away. It looks beautiful!
Have a brilliant time!
Hope you have a wonderful time, Elizabeth!
Hoping it will be as relaxing and fun as when you stayed before dear Barbara. Wishing sunshine and warmth every day - and that both of you have a lovely time.
Safe travels -
Hugs, Mary & Bob
I hope you have a wonderful ( and sunshine filled) time !!
Enjoy your time. Our oldest and sweet DIL are in London with trips planned to Oxford and Bath and then back to London. They already spent a night in Windsor. I'm with them in spirit...
Blessings on your respite time!
How wonderful! Yes, that would take a lot of preparation but I pray that it is a wonderful time of rest for you both! ♡
A lot of preparation but it will all be worth it in the end. It looks like a wonderful place to be, enjoy your time away and have a well deserved break.
Happy Vacation!
Oh, have the BEST of times there, it looks wonderful!!!
Hugs, Carolien
Oh I do hope you have a wonderful rest with beautiful weather the whole time.
I do read all of your posts but don't always get to comment. I stay pretty busy these days chasing my toddler grandson.
I know you'll enjoy your time of rest! The pool looks inviting and the garden sounds like a great place of peace and solitude to re-energize. Hope you have a couple of good books handy! :-)
Hello my friend , I am so happy for you having this lovely restful holiday ...you both SO deserve it ! Sending my love and best wishes to you both . Hugs Debbie :) xxx
Blessings on you and your hubby as you enjoy some time away. Ooooo . . . a heated pool! Enjoy!
My it looks like just what the doctor ordered for both of you. Get some well deserved rest, my sweet friend and enjoy the pool :)
Post a Comment