Friday, 15 November 2019

Nightdress part 2.

Thank you so much for the really helpful comments and suggestions about my Nightwear! I was so interested to read all your viewpoints
I looked all of your recommendations up, and saw some really lovely nightdresses. Sadly most of them (in USA) would have  cost almost more on postage than the garment itself....and then there is Customs Duty.
So this is what I eventually found, after much searching, and an unsuitable buy from John Lewis, returned.


It is cotton jersey, three quarter length, and with half sleeves. I don't want long sleeves as they can prove to be too tight.
It's made by a company called David Nieper, who pride themselves on making all their clothes in their workshops in Derbyshire.
I'm waiting for it to be delivered now.
Once again, thank you!

15 comments:

Mrs. White said...

I am happy to hear you found a nightdress you like! It is pretty and looks like it will be comfortable too.

Granny Marigold said...

I hope that cotton jersey nightgown will be comfortable. I prefer either short sleeves or 3/4 length too. Long sleeves are just too constricting. The one in the picture is very pretty too.

Cheryl said...

Glad you found a nightgown that you love! :)

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Very nice print and design.

elizabeth said...

very nice!!! It sounds like the perfect one for you! :) So glad!!!

Linda Baker said...

How pretty! I do hope you enjoy it!

Lorrie said...

Comfortable sleepwear is so crucial for a good night's sleep. Your new nightgown is very pretty.

Debbie Harris said...

I missed your other posting, but this looks beautiful.
Hope it's a good fit for you. :}

Enjoy your weekend ♡

Angela said...

That's really pretty. Comfortable nightwear is important as it does contribute to better sleeping. David Nieper has a very good reputation and I hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Out My window said...

That is too pretty to wear to bed.

Mary said...

I've even been looking at them for you when shopping recently! I could send you one if you're desperate. Now I know you prefer long in length but shorter sleeves, just let me know size - I could go take photos and send as there are several you may like.
Hopefully the one you've chosen will meet your needs, it looks lovely.
I'm still a pajama gal and just treated myself to two new sets (they were on sale) for winter - one has a design of little penguins which of course I love. They are so soft and stretchy, probably the most comfy I've ever worn.
Here's to snuggly, warm winter nights ahead dear friend.

Sara said...

Very feminine and pretty, and nice wide sleeves. I hope this one works for you! It looks comfortable.

ellen b. said...

That's a nice one. I have to search far and wide for my favorite chenile robes. I enjoy spending my mornings with my coffee in my robe. I'm drawn to longer night gowns in old fashioned flannel not microfiber. They are getting harder and harder to find. Glad you found one that looks comfy. Hope it fills the bill when it arrives.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

This really looks like a wonderful nightgown, and I agree with you about the 3/4 length sleeves. Such a pretty one that you decided upon, and trust that it will be just what you were looking for :)

Carolien said...

I'm glad you found a good one. Have a nice day!!!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...