Friday, 20 December 2019

A tree and hyacinths.


It's just a little tree but I'm rather fond of it.
Some years ago when I had decided not to bother with a 'real' tree, my son presented me with this little not-real one, insisting that I should have a tree of some sort..
It comes out every year and cheers a corner.

My Hyacinths have been sitting quietly in a dark corner of the garage, and are now enjoying a warmer room and beginning to 'green'.
I'm so looking forward to the Spring like feeling when they bloom.

11 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

I have a not-real tree and a not real wreath for the front door just to make it look as if I am doing something towards the season! I can almost smell your hyacinths do post a picture when they bloom.

elizabeth said...

That's really sweet! I had only a tiny tree until a few years ago and love my bigger artificial one. Seasons of life. I am so glad you have your family and the promise of flowers and spring 🎄🌲💐

Peggy said...

Trees are somehow so special to Christmas - no matter the size.

Granny Marigold said...

We quit having real Christmas trees years ago and are quite happy with "not-real" ones. No mess and I can put them up as early as I like. Your little tree is perfect for the table it sits on and your Hyacinths are showing promise of blooms.

Jenny said...

I love your sweet little tree.

I did not put up any trees this year. I usually do two or three but we are having work done in our bathrooms so the house is chaos. I did put lights around my kitchen windows, a wreath on my front door & I set out my nativity.

I need to pull out my spring bulbs! I had totally forgotten about them with all the construction. I'm trying to force daffodils & crocus this year. My husband cannot breath around hyacinths so I can't do those. Please show a picture when yours bloom!

Lorrie said...

I love that bowl of hyacinths. I usually have paperwhites, but this year I don't and I miss the green and growing things. Perhaps there will be some in the store I can purchase. I look forward to seeing your hyacinths and imagining their scent.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely tree
I love little trees better than the taller ones. They have a special charm, and are easier to decorate.

ellen b. said...

That was a sweet idea that your son had for cheering a room at Christmas time. We are considering a different way to go with our tree tradition. A fake tree with lights already installed is sounding more appealing as the prices for cut trees have gone up. I might even consider a tree that would sit on top of my tea cart. Happy Winter to you!

Carolien said...

It is a cozy corner with your tree. Hyacinths are such a lovely fragrant sign of Spring, love them! The bowl is perfect for it, enjoy them growing!

Love Carolien

Cheryl said...

Indeed, your tree is perfect!

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

It all looks very festive!
We still have a real Christmas tree, I love the fresh pine fragrance wafting through the house!
However, many years ago I bought a beautiful Crabtree & Evelyn door wreath and it graces our front door each year!
Sadly, we no longer have their store in NZ!
Our flowers for the festive season are white Christmas lilies and red Pointsettias!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...