Saturday, 25 April 2020

Mask making.


Together with many others, I have been sewing fabric masks . These are to give to my husband's Carers.
The agency doesnt seem to have enough of the 'proper' ones,
so some of the girls said 'You sew. Can you make some?' 


I have to make it clear to them that these are not what is known as 'medical masks', but they feel they would be happy to have even a slight protection against sneezing or coughing.



So after a quick scurry round Youtube, and a bit of fabric searching, I found that this is the most used pattern, pressing in pleats that then open up when the mask is worn.

As you can see.



I leave them in  a basket in the hallway with a notice saying Help yourself.

14 comments:

Angela said...

They are great. I'm a bit concerned that Teddy cannot see where he is going though! I'm sure the carers really appreciate your kindness

Elizabethd said...

Well, just for you Ang, I consulted with Allis (my bear) and we took another photo. Better?

Granny Marigold said...

No doubt the caregivers appreciate the masks which are not only useful but so cute too. Allis looks ready for anything now!

Lorrie said...

Your masks will be well appreciated by your husband's carers. Allis looks well protected!

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

You've been busy. Allis is a great model.

elizabeth said...

Your bear Allis is so cute! great masks. I am glad you can do this for your Husband's carers. that's really a blessing!

ellen b. said...

Very nice, great job.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Well done!
If the mask instructions don't have photos or an illustration, then I tend to get lost.

mamasmercantile said...

Just sorting out fabric to make some, its becoming more probable that we will all have to wear them. Its nice to do something to help as well. Take care and stay safe.

Rhonda said...

I’ve sewn masks too and while they are not medical grade, they offer a lot more protection than nothing.

The teddy bear looks very protected in his mask ❤️

Jackie said...

I make the more fitted sort. I have now outfitted the family and friends so will stop for a bit.

God bless.

Cheryl said...

You are very thoughtful! Allis makes a good model. 😊

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

You did a lovely job with these masks, and that is the pattern I used also for the ones I made. Your little teddy bear looked cute with the mask on! Hoping that your spring days are lovely, in spite of all that is going on. Much love to you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful masks, Barbara! They are so pretty too. I'm trying to decide if that little stuffed animal is a bear or a lamb! ♥

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...