Tissue paper -like petals seem to float from this pot, moving gently every time I pass.
Godetia is one of the loveliest old fashioned garden flowers.
When I sowed the seeds there were some Clarkia amongst them, but none of them came up, sadly.
The plants are native to California, I believe, and were discovered and classified by a Swiss naturalist, C.H Godet, in the 19th century.
I wonder how it feels to make such a discovery.
My large pot is full of the plants and I have watched the different colours emerging over the days.
When the sun shines through the silky petals it looks magical.
14 comments:
What a lovely flower! I'll have to look for seeds!
How beautiful! What a gift to you in these August days π₯°πΈπ
Beautiful flowers.
I don't recall seeing them at the gardening shops here. I will look for them next year or buy seeds.
they are pretty indeed, I haven't grown them or even seen any before as far as I can remember - they do look like tissue paper as you described. Our flowers are all 'going over' after the extreme heat so you have done well to get these looking so beautiful and fresh.
They are so beautiful and seeing you grow them in a pot makes me want to look for seeds for next year.
Barbara, I remember clarkia being one of my childhood favorites - I would love to grow those again. My mother must have had a green thumb because her flowers always did so well - plus that lovely South Devon climate of course!!!!
Mary -
.
Such a lovely and delicate looking flower. I like the color, too. Hope you have a good week.
Beautiful. I've never had any luck with godetia or clarkia.
Godetia are so lovely. I don't think I've ever seen them in the nursery so maybe it's best to look for seeds. Clarkia is a familiar and well-loved old fashion flower that I remember my Mother growing.
Ohhhh, these are lovely. I remember having godetia in our garden many years before I met Rick. I shall have to look for seeds for next spring. Yours look so pretty and summery.
Beautiful!
So pretty, and the colour is lovely.
God bless.
That is such a lovely flower! I have not heard of it. I wonder why not?
What a beautiful flower this is, I've never heard of it! How wonderful that you get to enjoy such a gorgeous flower! I will keep an eye out for it here. Many blessings to you dear friend!
They are beautiful!!!
Hugs and love, Carolien
Post a Comment