Tuesday, 1 September 2020

The joys of Moonpig!

I'm really not sure why Moonpig gave themselves that odd name, but it doesnt really matter too much.
Moonpig has a website which allows one to personalise cards which they then print and send to the recipient.
My eldest son, living in Australia, is 60 this month and I wanted to send him a special card, so found some old photos, scanned them, (that's another story!) and filled in the card provided by Moonpig.



So there he is, my funny little boy, as a baby, as a toddler, and with his siblings. So glad I kept these photos.
He is now a father of two lovely girls and enjoying his life in Sydney so much.
I'd love to don wings and be with them all.

14 comments:

Carolien said...

Oh yes, I wish you could fly to Sydney ... The card is priceless though. Lovely!
And thank you so much for your beautiful card, so sweet!!!

Love, Carolien

Mary said...

I'm sure he's going to love this card! I'd love to visit Sydney again - in fact any place in OZ, it's such a great country.

Hope his big birthday is a special day - is he still a blonde?
Hugs - Mary

Cheryl said...

Birthday blessings to your son! May sweet memories fill your mama-heart today!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Birthday Eldest Son!

Visits With Mary said...

That's a great card, you made it very special! Happy Birthday to your oldest son!!

Elderberry-Rob said...

we use Moonpig - they are really good - when our boys passed their driving tests we were able to set up newspaper headline style cards and put in funny things and pictures. Happy birthday to your son - it must be hard for you to have him living so far away.

Angela said...

That's a great card (but you ALWAYS send great cards*) It must be hard to be so far away. I find it difficult being away from my daughters, and they're both in this country. You did a lovely job with those old photos. In the pre digital camera/mobile phone generations, we never took so many pictures, it cost too much to get them developed. So the fading black and white snapshots become doubly precious. I'm sure your son is really proud of his Mum though - witty, elegant, loving... And on top of modern technology too! *thankyou for the missive which arrived safely today

Granny Marigold said...

Happy Birthday to your son. You did a good job of scanning the old photos and arranging them on the special card.

Jackie said...

What a lovely card.

God bless.

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful card, the photos are priceless and makes the card so special.

ellen b. said...

Love the card. Happy Birthday to your dear son. Donning wings would be great...

Lorrie said...

Such a personal and meaningful card. Happy Birthday to your son so far away.

Deanna Rabe said...

That’s a wonderful card! I’m sure he loved it or that he will!

Anne Payne said...

Oh wow! Such a great way to send a card and so meaningful with the photos from years past. I'm sure he loved it.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...