Sunday, 8 November 2020

 Autumn leaves

It's the last bit of colour in  the garden now, just a few brave leaves clinging on to the Cherry Tree branches. The wind blows them hither and thither, some fall, some cling.


Leaves lie on the lawn drifting with the wind. Each one a colour of Autumn.
The gardener rakes them up each week, and they will provide compost next year.

 Little clutches of Cyclamen liven up a small area. Their colourful faces give me joy as they relentlessly battle through rain and wind and come up smiling.


Leaves and flowers together.


It's the end of another season in the garden.
Now there is planning to do.

17 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Lovely photos. Planning, a vacation in the Caribbean would be nice. :)

elizabeth said...

Beautiful and lovely to have planning to do ❤

Anne Payne said...

Your post made me thing of Ecclesiastes 3 :-) Lovely photos and words. Have a blessed Sabbath, my friend. {{hugs}}

Elderberry-Rob said...

Anne's comment above is a nice thought, Ecclesiastes 3 is my favourite passage in the bible. It also made me think of how the work we put in now will give rewards later - finding a vaccine perhaps, caring for our communities, keeping the R rate down :) Your cyclamen are beautiful, I find I have to remove the deads as the curl over or you won't get any more flowers.

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely pictures of leaves. No doubt they will all be gone before the week is over. Planning for next year... that's the mark of a true gardener. Always looking forward to next year.
Keep safe and well.

mamasmercantile said...

Delightful photos. Nice to think ahead and plan for another season.

Lorrie said...

Those little patches of cyclamen are so pretty with the autumn leaves around them. Yes, seasons come and go - how thankful I am that God remains the same throughout the year. Are you beginning to plan for Christmas? It's going to look very different here, I think.

Pom Pom said...

Good thinking! We should start planning now for our lovely spring gardening opportunities.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

You have some lovely patches of autumn remaining. For us, autumn is now deeply buried under snowy winter. It snowed all day yesterday, however, this morning the sun shines on all that pristine loveliness. It makes me want to cozy in, make soup, read books, start thinking about my Christmas cards (the post office recommends getting cards and parcels out extra early this year).

ellen b. said...

With the help of a back brace I finished cutting and clearing our three large planter sections in our front yard for winter. Now onto the back areas after I give my lower back several days of rest. We are getting a cold blast again come through this coming week with some promise of snow so it was good to get the job done. Enjoy the rest of fall where you are.

Alex said...

I can see you have had at least one pure blue sky lately! - the colours in that top pic are stunning! We too have had mellow sun for a couple of days..such a balm for the soul.
The little cyclamen are so pretty.
Enjoy your planning :)

Carolien said...

Hello Barbara,

The cherry leaves are beautiful!
Planning which vegetables etc. are coming in next season is quite fun, isn't it? I remember the catalogues with all the promising pictures of fruits of the season :) No space here in Lelystad, I'm afraid. Just some strawberries, which is nice also.
Enjoy the planning and have a good day!

Love Carolien

Mary said...

Lovely in so many ways - I just love autumn so much despite feeling homesick. I must get back, hopefully in Spring as already planned, but also for another autumn!
Still very warm here - we enjoyed an aperitif on the front porch as it turned dark last evening - it was perfect.

Jackie said...

Lovely colours and the flowers still blooming amaze me. It is dark and cold here now with the gardens under snow. I think planning for next summer is in order.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

Barbara, such lovely photographs! I do love autumn with all the warm colors but it makes me a little sad too knowing that soon the branches will be bare. xo

Laura said...

Such sweet photos, Elizabeth...I do so love the colors of the fall! We have been experimenting with some winter gardening this year...greens for salads and such...we will see as the cold and snow sets in here in Maine!

Praying for your health and that of your husband's...
Sweet blessings,
Laura

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

The seasons pass, and kind of meld into one another, indeed. The cyclamens add such beauty to fall's season, I agree! It is indeed a time to plan and look ahead to the next year of gardening :) Many blessings to you dear friend!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...