Friday, 23 July 2021

Home at last.

 The best laid plans.......etc etc.

It's been a very bumpy three weeks. My husband has has two admissions to hospital both with lovely paramedics on hand. Very worrying when blood pressure and oxygen disappear. A drip attached to the curtain rail, oxygen swiftly administered and a totally reassuring presence made things easier.

It has given me time to rest and do absolutely nothing, as the hospital does not allow visitors. So as the heat was almost too much, I have stayed inside a good deal, done a bit of sewing, a bit of reading and tried not to worry. The evenings were the best time to be in the garden, and I found it was better to water the tomatoes at around 9.30 pm, and then sit outside and drink in the scents of the garden....roses and sweet peas.

He is being discharged today and will be welcomed home. We will all breathe a little easier.

19 comments:

elizabeth said...

Oh dear! That would be worrying! We continue to pray for you both ❤🙏

Lorrie said...

I'm glad you have been able to rest and do nothing during this difficult time. Trying not to worry can be difficult. Enjoy the homecoming!

Traveling Oltmans said...

Thank you for the update. I know how stressful it can be. And in a strange way, I always feel reassured when the paramedics arrive and he is no longer my responsibility! Glad your husband will be home today. For me, Covid 19 restrictions at the hospital were a good thing, since visitors were not allowed, I could drop him off at the door and go home to rest and recover…versus spending hours and days sitting there. I think for anyone with a chronically ill spouse, there was a good side to the no visitor policy. I also realize that if my husband had not recovered, I would have been devastated to not be at his side, but in my case, the hospital trips ended with his return home.

Elizabethd said...

It's hard when someone new puts a lovely comment, but one has no idea who they are! Do please introduce yourself.

Elderberry-Rob said...

Sorry that your dear husband has had a couple of scary moments, I imagine it must be difficult not being able to visit but at the same time just as well because you have needed to get some strength reserves yourself :) How lovely the simple things in life can be - sitting in the garden late at night (I like early mornings too) I am so glad to read that you are enjoying what I call 'magic moments' hope health issues will not cloud the Summer - love from Betty

mamasmercantile said...

Glad your dear hubby is now on the mend and is back home. It must have been hard for you not been able to visit, but hopefully you have been able to get some rest.

Granny Marigold said...

It's good to know your husband is well enough to be discharged from the hospital. Hopefully he continues to do well.
I also find that the evening is a good time to go out and do some much-needed watering as our drought continues.

Terri said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Barbara. I'm glad he had good care and that he's coming home!

R's Rue said...

Praying.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I just read this ... I'm so glad to hear your dear Malcolm is coming home!

ellen b. said...

Glad to hear your dear husband is home again after those scary life situations. Hope all will be well. We have to water in the wee hours of the morning or after the sun sets in our current heat situation.

Alex said...

So sorry to hear you had that worry..hope he makes good progress at home.

Rambler said...

So sorry to hear that Malcolm had to be admitted to hospital, those places are always hot so with the heatwave he must have been uncomfortable. Good to know he's now home and able to keep cooler and for you two to be together again. It would be good to have a drop of refreshing rain, wouldn't it? (I never imagined me saying that after all those weeks of non-stop rain we had before the heatwave!)

Cheryl said...

So sorry to learn of your bumpy road these past weeks! I pray that your husband has recovered from this recent series of challenges and that you are both getting the rest that you need. Every day is a gift, isn't it?

Carolien said...

O dear, what a weeks that must have been. Thank God Malcolm is doing better! And I hope you feel a bit rested, despite the turbulence.

Hugs and love, Carolien

Connie said...

By the time I saw this your husband will have been home a few days. I do hope and pray that everything is going well. I know that you are using all of your energy to care for him, but do your very best to take care of your health as well. You're in my prayers.

Jackie said...

Oh my, you have gone through some very scary times. I will hold both of you in my prayers.

God bless.

Angela said...

This did not show up till today on my bloglist. I am so sorry to read of what's happened- you were already in our prayers though. I hope you are both able to enjoy quiet evenings in each other's company now. God be with you both

Elizabethd said...

Thank you Angela. I think blogger is playing games.

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...