Thursday, 12 August 2021

Something of a surprise

 I mentioned a while ago that I was waiting for surgery, and with the backlog in the UK I didnt expect to be called any time soon.

Yesterday I took a phone call from the Cardiac nurse who told me that my surgeon was taking some of his patients to a private hospital in London, all transport arranged. Would I be interested?

When? 

August 26th.

Cue mild panic and a wander round the garden. Deep breaths.



The reason for the change is that the hospital in Plymouth has to cancel many surgeries due to emergencies and Covid, and a private hospital won't have those same emergencies so far less risk of cancellation.

I have decided to go to London and get this done.

I'd be grateful for your prayers , not just for me, but for my husband who will, I know, be very anxious.

25 comments:

Mary said...

Wow dearest, that was unexpected I'm sure. I know the waiting alone must be
wearing on you not knowing just when Plymouth would be able to take you. It's a big decision, perhaps the best option for you but know it may be hard on M.
Bob and I will hold you close in thought and prayer whilst you decide what to do.
Much love and take care - Mary xx

Angela said...

Praying for you both, confident that God will guide and bless. May you know that Peace beyond all human understanding right now xx

ellen b. said...

Yes, I will pray for you the doctors and your husband. Sounds like a good alternative.

Deanna Rabe said...

Praying Barbara! I'm glad for you, that you can get this surgery done so soon.

elizabeth said...

We pray for you both daily and I put your surgery date in my Husband and I shared calendar for extra prayers 💕💕💕💕💕

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Good news! Prayers all goes well!

Lorrie said...

A surgery in the future is something very different from a surgery with a time and date. I will pray for you and M as you face the coming days.

Frugally challenged said...

It's good to hear of a bit of lateral thinking to get surgery sorted. You'll be in my prayers too.

Connie said...

You will certainly be in my prayers as well as your husband. God bless you . . . true love is when your undergoing something like this, but concerned about your sweetheart. Keep us posted as much as possible . . . you have many blogging friends that love and care for you.

Linda Baker said...

You and your husband will be in my prayers.
Blessings, Linda

Granny Marigold said...

Best wishes for all to go smoothly. I can understand how the date of August 26 is a shock but at least you're assured of having the operation and not a last minute cancellation. Blessings, GM

Jackie said...

You have my prayers.

God bless.

Jo said...

You both continue to be in my prayers.

Kay G. said...

Yes, I will pray for you both! And keep the sight of your lovely garden in your mind. Go to that happy place if you feel anxious! Flowers are always good to see. x

Elderberry-Rob said...

Certainly have you in my prayers and thoughts and am so glad you are able to get your surgery done quickly - will email you x

Sara said...

I'll be praying for you. And your husband too. You are on my list! Blessings.

Carolien said...

Dear Barbara,

Praying for sure!!! I am happy that you can have it done now. Must be scary but waiting isn't nice too, is it? Fingers crossed and many many prayers for a good outcome.

Hugs and love, Carolien

Anne Payne said...

I will certainly be praying for both you and your sweetheart!!! I know it's an anxious time for everyone. Cling to the Lord, my friend. {{hugs}}

Pensive Pensioner said...

I have just found your lovely blog thanks to a comment you kindly left on mine, Elizabeth, thank you. You and your hubby will certainly be in my prayers over the coming weeks. Sending hugs, Angie x

Nearly Martha said...

Definitely praying. Strangely enough, my friend has just had an operation happen from nowhere - when he thought he was on the end of a very long list - but, unlike your experience, it was in Derriford in Plymouth

Cheryl said...

Even though it's good news that your surgery is scheduled, I am sure that it was startling to suddenly be not waiting. My mom's birthday is the day of your surgery, so I will remember on that date to pray for you and for your husband. Of course, I will also pray in the meantime as the Lord brings you and your husband to mind.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Barbara, I can feel the 'panic' when suddenly the date is here so soon and away in London. Asking the Lord to bless you both with grace, peace, and strength for every step. Your garden looks so pretty and inviting. I hope you will have moments to savour in the midst of getting ready. Sending heart hugs. Brenda xo

Alex said...

Yes, Barbara, of course! May you both be held and blessed by the Lord. You were courageous to decide to go for it.
I can just imagine the challenge. However, this is a positive move and we all hope you will benefit enormously. Will be thinking ofyou on and around the 26th and look forward to updates on here, when you can manage, but never any pressure. God bless! x

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

Dear Barbara, you and your husband stay in my devotional/prayer journal and am praying for the upcoming surgery. It does seem providential so I am full of hope and faith it will all go well. love and prayers...Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

Terri said...

I will be praying, Barbara!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...