It is such a delight to see these Crab Apple buds opening. I wait in anticipation each Spring. The flowers won't last long, but their beauty will stay in my mind.
This is an old tree, and you might be able to spot tiny bits of silvery lichen on the stems.
Sadly it is not an edible Crab apple, but it does have pretty decorative fruits.
Day by day the garden is producing new things to enjoy. Soon the Cherry tree will be wearing a tutu of pinkness.
15 comments:
Dear Barbara, this is the prettiest blossom ever! Wish I had one of those trees, meanwhile I'm enjoying the dogwoods and cherry trees blooming all around our neighborhood.
Hope you and M are doing well. We'll get our 4th vacc. on Mon in hopes it will make upcoming trip home safer!!!
Hugs, Mary
Such pretty blossom, we used to make crab apple jelly with ours
Such beautiful blossoms. Great idea to bring some in. Happy April to you!
Crabapple tree blossoms are a delight. Pretty bouquet
The crabapple buds and blossoms are precious. Short-lived but so lovely.
Beautiful blossoms.
Lovely. Thanks for sharing as we are still sort of in winter's last grasp.
God bless.
It's very pretty, I have a little apple tree which is only just unfurling leaves, it must be a sunny, sheltered place that you live :)
Dear Barbara,
What a beautiful sprig of crab apple blossom! They are so short-lived and so appreciated for their beauty. It's chilly here, and the apple trees have not yet blossomed, but soon, I expect.
They are so beautiful, Barbara! The fact that they are short-lived almost makes them more special.
Those crab apple blossoms are so pretty. How lovely to bring them inside the house to enjoy.
Oh I adore the crabapple blossoms! I really want to add a tree or two to my garden!
Such lovely blossoms!
I love it when our fruit trees blossom! I pray you have a lovely and blessed Resurrection weekend, Barbara! May you be continually filled with the JOY that serving Christ brings!!! Love you! 💕
Lovely!!
Post a Comment