Wednesday, 3 August 2022

My birthday

 Another year has gone by.

I'm grateful for lovely children and grandchildren who have made this year easier, (and brought birthday cake and strawberries!)

Friends who came with flowers and beautiful shower lotions and soaps. 

Carers who brought a teeny tiny cake with candles!


I feel spoilt. 

But there is a grief in my heart that my lovely husband isnt well enough to celebrate, or even know what the day is.

It's in God's hands, He knows the plan.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. Sending love to you both. x

Cheryl said...

So thankful that God knows the plan. It must be so very difficult to see your dear husband declining so. I am happy that you were treated well on your birthday!

I am praying for you both!

Lynda said...

Belated birthday blessings to you Elizabeth! How nice to be loved and remembered by so many! xx

Rambler said...

Belated Birthday greetings; lovely cards, gifts and flowers - plus delicious Strawberries - yummmmm! Sending love to you and Malcolm. So sorry to hear he is no longer aware of who is there and what is going on. Bless him.
I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy Trelissick. Were you tempted to buy any plants? I know how hard it is to resist!
- Rosemary xx

Alex said...

I'm sorry I missed the actual day, Barbara. What a lovely display of cards...and I'm sure there were more. I will ( and do) pray for you and and your husband,
and your situation. x

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...