Every other year our church hosts an exhibition of patchwork and quilting, all made by a local group of quilters.
This caught my eye, with its representations of wildlife in the countryside. It must have taken hours to do.
This was more difficult to photograph as it was hung rather low on the wall. I liked the little Chateau with the tiny pictures of the garden and the things found in it, the apple trees, the wheelbarrow, flowers.
Do you see the little dogs?
The show did inspire me to come home and dig out a half finished lap quilt which is intended for Project Linus.
It's been waiting a while.
13 comments:
The quilts are lovely and I can't imagine how many hours of work goes into the making of one. My Mom made simple patchwork quilts but they were more to use up scrap of fabric and also for warmth. I have a SIL who makes intricate quilt tops ( then sends them away to be finished by someone who has something called a long arm sewing machine).
How lovely. It is so inspiring to see these quilts - but I often wonder what happens to them when they are not on show like this. I knew a quilting fanatic who opened her home once a year to display her many quilts - but the remaining 51 weeks they were stored, folded up, in her spare bedroom.
Oh that's so beautiful!!! Inspiring!❤️
Ce quilt représentant différents animaux et la vie de la nature est vraiment incroyable. la personne qui l'a créé est très talentueuse !
Hello Barbara,
That wildlife quilt is so beautiful! The badger alone, sigh ... Thank you foe sharing this.
Have a good weekend and happy stitching,
xxx Carolien
The time, patiences, and skill quilting takes makes each piece unique and beautiful and see a such an amazing collection does inspire one to want to quilt. I've made on quilt, but I doubt that I'll make another one. The mix of colors and patterns befuddles me!
Quilting is such a beautiful art! These are lovely.
how lovely that this skill is being kept alive, I love seeing crafts like this.
Re your comment on my blog. I sure wish I could give you one of the kittens. We need homes for 4 of them ( we're keeping one). I think a neighbour who recently lost one of her cats will take one., That leaves 3. Granny Marigold
What gorgeous quilts. I will never be that good, simple is pretty much what I can handle and have turn out.
God bless.
What beautiful quilts! So much time and love gone into each one. My mother is a wonderful quilter and I always enjoy seeing her work, and the work of others.
I'm always amazed with those of you who can be patient to take the time to create these works of art. Love the two you featured! I'm finally feeling like my body is remembering how it should behave in our time zone! It was so nice to spend time in your country!
These quilts are quite literally works of art! Thank you for sharing them with us! Hope your lap quilt is coming along nicely!
Post a Comment