One lone little Snowdrop in my lawn.
Soon to be joined by its friends, pushing their way valiantly through grass that hasnt been cut for ages.
Seen yesterday, a carpet of hundreds of Snowdrops in the Quiet Acres area of our Crematorium. Snowdrops are said to mean 'Hope, and consolation'.
Arent they beautiful?
16 comments:
The flowers are lovely. They remind us of being hopeful as spring unfolds. Thank you!
Snowdrops always make me smile. They are so unpretentious and yet they mean so much.
Lovely photo, thank you. Hilogene in Az
Pure white, lovely flower bringing hope of Spring on the way. I always look forward to seeing the humble Snowdrop.
Such sweet flowers!
Hope and Consolation are lovely words, and I hope you were consoled a wee bit by their presence. I so enjoy seeing their little white heads nodding in patches around town.
Snowdrops are so lovely. I walked around the garden this morning looking for any that might be poking out but alas, not one. Yet. Granny M
Yes they are beautiful. I guess they don't grow where I live because I don't ever remember seeing them.
Snowdrops are always the first real flower of spring. I can see that people would say they signified hope and consolation.
God bless.
They really are sweet to see.
J'aime beaucoup les perce-neige aussi et j'aime aussi le symbole qu'ils représentent : espoir et consolation. J'ajouterai, paix intérieure lorsqu'on les contemple. J'espère que vous allez bien.
Bien amicalement,
Hélène
I love snowdrops! Sign of Spring!
I love them too! Strangely, mine are very late this year. We moved house and left behind a large carpet of Snowdrops, which were always a joy from early January. So I planted a few in my new garden and I thought they had failed..until a few days ago, when we noticed that they are coming through. Such pretty, unassuming flowers.😁
I love snowdrops, they won't grow in my garden, I have tried many times. I hope to see a few in the woods soon.
They are beautiful!
So pretty and delicate, a wondrous sight to behold... I read back to read you emptied a shed to use for you, my decluttering seems nothing in comparison, it has spurred me on,
Thank you.
Post a Comment