Wednesday, 5 April 2023

Little bits of Spring

 All of a sudden the flower beds are changing from empty spaces to spaces with little cushions of colour popping up.

The primroses are everywhere . pale yellow and pink.

.

There's white and purple aubrietia. Little furry buds of Pulsatilla
are beginning to open.

A group of Camassia is preparing to flower. I love their blue spires.


Grape hyacinths mingle with polyanthus. It's all a bit untidy, but I don't mind that



On the front step I have a bowl of mixed bulbs, grape hyacinths, narcissi and small tulips. You can tell that my colours are very much on the blue and cream spectrum!

It's all very cheering!
 
And I still can't comment.


17 comments:

Barbara Dunford said...

Marleen, thank you, but where is the Subscribe to posts?

elizabeth said...

So pretty 😍 love to you ❤️

Latane Barton said...

Don't you just love these pops of color after a long, dreary winter?

Lorrie said...

Creams and blues are so pretty together. All the lovely colours are such a tonic after winter's dullness.
I heard some people were able to comment when cookies were allowed. Not sure how or where to do that.

The Happy Whisk said...

Little bits of spring! I love it.

Was at Home Depot today and picked up two packages of seeds and then eyeballed a few spring things I wanted to do this season.

Cheers, Ivy.

Jackie said...

What a lovely explosion of colour. Everything looks wonderful.

God bless.

Granny Marigold said...

I love all the blooms; blue and cream is very pretty. I think we're all just so happy to see Spring arrive.

Elderberry-Rob said...

I am finding I can't comment on some blogs too, haven't worked it out. Glad I can comment on yours today - your garden looks very full of Spring.

Poppypatchwork said...

I too love this time of year, watching lovely dear plants bursting into life.

Mary said...

Google is so non-helpful when we have problems! I wish I could help you.
Lovely primroses - miss them so much as they were such an English childhood special time.
Hope all good dear and that the weather has warmed by now.
Happy Easter - Mary & Bob xx

ellen b. said...

Sweet signs of Spring. We are a bit behind you.

ann said...

Your garden is always lovely and it is weeks ahead of ours. The snow is finally gone and it is warming up. There is plenty to do here. Happy Easter, Barbara.

meandmysmallcorner said...


Happy Easter to you. Beautiful Spring flowers in your garden.

Elizabethd said...

Testing

Anne Payne said...

Your flower beds are beautiful!!! I especially love your grape Hyacinths. Sadly I killed mine. I don't know what happened.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oh Barbara, your spring garden is a sight for sore eyes. Thank you so much for sharing photos of these delights with us. A real boon to the heart. xo

Daisy Debs said...

Oh ! Your garden is looking beautiful ! I too am awaiting the joy of the Camissias flowering 💐x

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...