Thursday, 25 May 2023

Happenings

 

It's been a worrying week. My grand daughter , aged 34, was rushed into hospital last weekend with a suspected heart attack. It was quickly diagnosed as a Spontaneous cardiac artery dissection, or in other words, a tear in the main artery. It is very rare in one so young, and I had only heard of it once before.
She was operated on and is finally home, but a lot of hours have been spent in waiting and praying. We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Cardiac section in our hospital.

So, just a few flowers for you today.
The roses are scenting the room beautifully, and mix with the geums and snapdragons, with a few wild campions and chive flowers added.




19 comments:

Sandi said...

Praying she get well soon!

Carolien said...

Hello Barbara,

That must have been frightening! I am glad she could be operated and wish her a good recovery ... and all of you some rest to recover too!

Love Carolien

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family, its fantastic what surgeons now did, Marlene, Poppypatchwork

elizabeth said...

oh wow! that would be worrisome! thank God for the hospital and that one can pray! God bless her recovery!

KirstenM said...

That was very alarming. Hope her recovery goes well.

Jackie said...

I am so glad that your daughter is okay. I can just imagine how worrying it was for the family.

Lovely flowers.

God bless.

Jenny said...

I'm so glad she's home & recovering. Praying she continues to heal.
The flowers are absolutely stunning.

Granny Marigold said...

How frightening that must have been for your daughter and for you as well. Thankfully medical help was available and hopefully she will make a complete recovery.
The bouquet is gorgeous.

Lorrie said...

Oh Barbara, how concerning for you all. I'm glad she was correctly diagnosed and treated. I pray her recovery will go well.
Gorgeous flowers.

Terra said...

How good she is home and recovering, that was a terrifying experience for her and for you all. I had never heard of that particular condition before. I am praying for her continued healing.

Terri said...

Oh dear! How frightening that must of been. I'm glad she is home and on the mend!

Kay G. said...

Oh, that must have been such a scare! Glad she is getting better and the lovely flowers is giving her beauty and peace. x

Anonymous said...


Oh my goodness! I’m glad that she is ok and hopefully she’s on the mend.
Sending you and your grand-daughter all good wishes.
With love😁

Pom Pom said...

Prayers for your granddaughter.

Alex said...

Very sorry to hear that - do hope she makes a full recovery _/\_ and so do you from this scary episode.

Mary said...

Dear Barbara - we are so very sorry to learn of your granddaughter's health scare, but very pleased to know she was well cared for and is now home and healing.
We'll be thinking of her daily and hoping all goes well for you all.
Take care of you too dear friend. Love M&B xx

Catherine said...

Hope she will get well soon, So young.

ellen b. said...

I've been away from the computer and blogs and missed seeing this. Sorry to hear about this emergency but what a relief that it was caught and taken care of. Praying her recovery goes well. Also praying right now that you have a wonderful new travel experience from your door to Italy!

Anne Payne said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this with your granddaughter. I hope her recovery is continuing well. Much love to you, my friend!

Little patches of colour

  Despite the drought and the effect it has had on gardens, there is still some colour around. I have a dry brownish lawn but in the flower ...